How To Install Mozilla Firefox 27 In Elementary OS “Luna”
In this tutorial I am going to show how to install Mozilla Firefox 27 in Elementary OS 0.2 “Luna”.
Firefox can be installed easily as any other since it has been added to the default repository.
First update your system by running:
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install firefox
es@es-lunabox:~$ sudo apt-get install firefox Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required: gir1.2-gstreamer-0.10 libpangomm-1.4-1 libsigc++-2.0-0c2a libglibmm-2.4-1c2a libcairomm-1.0-1 libatkmm-1.6-1 Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them. The following extra packages will be installed: xul-ext-ubufox Suggested packages: ttf-lyx The following NEW packages will be installed: firefox xul-ext-ubufox 0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 247 not upgraded. Need to get 31.3 MB of archives. After this operation, 69.6 MB of additional disk space will be used. Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
Fetched 31.3 MB in 18min 27s (28.3 kB/s) Selecting previously unselected package firefox. (Reading database ... 125088 files and directories currently installed.) Unpacking firefox (from .../firefox_27.0+build1-0ubuntu0.12.04.1_amd64.deb) ... Selecting previously unselected package xul-ext-ubufox. Unpacking xul-ext-ubufox (from .../xul-ext-ubufox_2.7-0ubuntu0.12.04.1_all.deb) ... Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ... Processing triggers for bamfdaemon ... Rebuilding /usr/share/applications/bamf.index... Processing triggers for gnome-menus ... Processing triggers for man-db ... Setting up firefox (27.0+build1-0ubuntu0.12.04.1) ... Please restart all running instances of firefox, or you will experience problems. Setting up xul-ext-ubufox (2.7-0ubuntu0.12.04.1) ...
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10 : Introduction Fail2Ban is an intrusion prevention framework written in the Python programming l...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful : Running a business can be very stressful. You have to think about team collaboration, making sure th...0 comments |
- install Git in Ubuntu : Git is a distributed revision control system with an emphasis on speed. Git was initially designed a...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5 : I will show you in this tutorial how to install your first cluster Corosync and the Linux Cluster Ma...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .