Install GParted 0.17.0 in Ubuntu 13.10
GParted is a free partition manager that enables you to resize, copy, and move partitions without data loss.
With gparted you can accomplish the following tasks:
- Create a partition table on a disk device.
- Enable and disable partition flags such as boot and hidden.
- Perform actions with partitions such as create, delete, resize, move, check, label, copy, and paste.
Installing GParted 0.17.0
Open Terminal (Ctrl + Alt + T)
Run the commands to enable getdeb repository, update your system and install GParted.
$ wget -q -O - http://archive.getdeb.net/getdeb-archive.key | sudo apt-key add - OK
$ sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu saucy-getdeb apps" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/getdeb.list'
$ sudo apt-get install gparted
Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done Suggested packages: xfsprogs reiserfsprogs reiser4progs jfsutils ntfsprogs kpartx dmraid gpart The following packages will be upgraded: gparted 1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded. Need to get 1,902 kB of archives. After this operation, 4,718 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...2 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal : From github repo nsnake is a clone of the classic snake game that we all used to play on our cellp...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .