Choqok is a Free and Open Source micro-blogging client for K Desktop Environment. It currently supports Twitter, Identi.ca and opendesktop.org services.
– Supporting Twitter.com micro-blogging service.
– Supporting Identi.ca micro-blogging service. (Using its Twitter compatible API)
– Supporting self hosted StatusNet websites. (Using their Twitter compatible API)
– Supporting Open Collaboration Services API (Used by opendesktop.org)
– Supporting Friends, @Reply, Favorite and Public time-lines.
– Support for send and receive direct messages.
– Official Repeat/ReTweet functions.
– Supporting Multiple Accounts simultaneously.
– Supporting search APIs for Twitter and StatusNet services.
– Support for Twitter lists.
– KWallet integration.
– Ability to make a quick tweet/dent with global shortcuts. (Ctrl+Meta+T)
– Ability to notify user about new statuses arriving.
– Flickr, ImageShack, Twitpic, Twitgoo, Mobypicture and Posterous photo uploading
– Support for shortening urls with more than 30 characters.+shorten on paste, With more than 10 shortening services
– Post text translation using Google Translate service.
– Posts (Statuses) list appearance configuration.
– Filtering supported to hide unwanted posts.
– Setting your last post as your current status message in IM clients (Kopete, Pidgin, Psi, Skype)
– Preview Images from Twitpic, YFrog, img.ly, plixi, Twitgoo, TweetPhoto and etc. services.
– Preview Videos from YouTube and Vimeo services.
– Send Now Listening text. (Many of favorite players such as Amarok, Exaile, Banshee, Rhythmbox and VLC supported)
– UnTiny short Urls.
– Proxy support.
Installing Choqok 1.4 in Ubuntu via PPA
Run the following commands from the terminal:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:adilson/experimental $ sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install choqok