Install BitDefender In Ubuntu
It is true that Linux is virus free, but this does not mean it is 100% secure. Now a days usb sticks carry many viruses that want to harm computer systems and one important reason why your machine is getting infected so often with malware is the fact that people forget or tend to be lazy when it comes to scanning usb sticks.
Do you like to give your usb devices or Windows NTFS partitions a scan? The read the rest of this article and follow every mentioned instructions to install the BitDefender antivirus software in your computer.
What Is Bitdefender?
Bitdefender is a competitive antivirus software which includes several protection measures. It was founded in 2001 and is developed by a Romania-based software company.
The Bitdefender antivirus is a worthy competitor to many other worldwide used antiviruses such as Avira, BullGuard, F-Secure, FRISK, Kaspersky, McAfee, Panda Security, Sophos, Symantec and Trend Micro.
Install Bitdefender In Ubuntu
The main intention of this article is to show you how to install the Bitdefender antivirus from the official repository. Now I think you know what do we need, open a new terminal and run the following command to add BitDefender official repository for Linux.
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://download.bitdefender.com/repos/deb/ bitdefender non-free" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/bitdefender.list'
Download and install the key via below command.
wget -O- -q http://download.bitdefender.com/repos/deb/bd.key.asc | sudo apt-key add -
Update your sources and install the bitdefender-scanner-gui.
sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get install bitdefender-scanner-gui
Once the Bitdefender is installed you can launch it with the following command.
Time to scan!
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .