Infinity: A Stunning Theme for Conky | Ubuntu, LinuxMint and Fedora
Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any information on your desktop. There are many nice themes available for Conky that can display clock, CPU usage, RAM usage, swap, disk, net and more, Infinity is one of these themes built using lua and provide a great look to your desktop.
In this post I will show you how to install Infinity Conky theme in Ubuntu (tested in Ubuntu 12.10 ‘Quantal Quetzal’, Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’), LinuxMint and Fedora.
Installation instructions of Infinity Theme for Conky:
1- Install Conky
- For Ubuntu and LinuxMint:
sudo apt-get install conky-all
yum install conky
sudo apt-get install unace unrar zip unzip p7zip-full p7zip-rar sharutils rar uudeview mpack lha arj cabextract file-roller
3- Now open the infinity folder and rename the following folders and files:
- Change name of conkyrc to .conkyrc
- Change name of lua to .lua
- Change name of conky to .conky
4- Copy these 3 files .conkyrc, .lua and .conky files to your /home directory.
5 - Open .conkyrc and adjust the screen resolution according to your desktop, to see your resolution go to Applications –> Displays:
$chmod a+x ~/.conky/startconky.sh $sh ~/.conky/startconky.sh
It will start after a delay of 15.
8- Start Conky with startup:
If you want Conky to load with startup, go to startup applications:
Now you have a nice desktop like this:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...1 comment |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .