Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Infinity: A Stunning Theme for Conky | Ubuntu, LinuxMint and Fedora
Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any information on your desktop. There are many nice themes available for Conky that can display clock, CPU usage, RAM usage, swap, disk, net and more, Infinity is one of these themes built using lua and provide a great look to your desktop.
In this post I will show you how to install Infinity Conky theme in Ubuntu (tested in Ubuntu 12.10 ‘Quantal Quetzal’, Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’), LinuxMint and Fedora.
Installation instructions of Infinity Theme for Conky:
1- Install Conky
- For Ubuntu and LinuxMint:
sudo apt-get install conky-all
yum install conky
sudo apt-get install unace unrar zip unzip p7zip-full p7zip-rar sharutils rar uudeview mpack lha arj cabextract file-roller
3- Now open the infinity folder and rename the following folders and files:
- Change name of conkyrc to .conkyrc
- Change name of lua to .lua
- Change name of conky to .conky
4- Copy these 3 files .conkyrc, .lua and .conky files to your /home directory.
5 - Open .conkyrc and adjust the screen resolution according to your desktop, to see your resolution go to Applications –> Displays:
$chmod a+x ~/.conky/startconky.sh $sh ~/.conky/startconky.sh
It will start after a delay of 15.
8- Start Conky with startup:
If you want Conky to load with startup, go to startup applications:
Now you have a nice desktop like this:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to Find Default Gateway in Linux : A gateway is a node or a router that acts as an access point to passes network data from local netwo...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Setup the Raspberry Pi as a NAS
- How to Monitor Filesystem Events with incron
- Useful Commands for Linux Users – Episode 6
- Deadly Linux Commands
- Determine Your Specifications from Command-Line
- Automatically Change the Desktop Wallpaper Using Variety on Ubuntu/Linux Mint
- How to Find Default Gateway in Linux
- Setup Backup Server Using rsnapshot
- How to Disable/Change Default PDF Viewer in Mozilla Firefox
- Dictionaries in Python
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .