Improve Your Nexus Experience
The Nexus 4 is among the best devices available in the market at present. With its Android OS, there are very few devices that fall into its competition category. The device is being currently sold out in different regions. But if you do possess it right now, then the following article will be very useful for you. We will be discussing about the features offered by the JellyBean 4.2 as well. Here are a few tricks and tips about the Google device – LG Nexus 4:
With a glass back casing, the Nexus 4 is a very delicate device. One fall can shatter the entire body. Therefore, protection is of utmost importance. There are no fixed parameters about protection. Whatever you think looks and feels better should be the obvious choice for you.
But still, the Crumena by SGP Spigen is a pretty decent protector. The leather casing and inner felt are tender on the phone.
Wireless charging is a very cool feature. And the charging dock of the Nexus 4 is aesthetic and technically sound. However, a very serious problem is its availability. But once that is solved, these chargers would sell like hot cakes.
Expanding the lock screen
There are a number of locks screen widgets in the JellyBean 4.2. From the screen itself, you can swipe left or right to perform different functions. These include calendar, camera, messaging, and Spotify etc. As understood, a vast list of apps can be chosen from for using in the lock screen.
These kinds of features are not there in other operating systems. Google has definitely scored brownie points for this feature!
Taking a snapshot image of the device screen is a very basic thing. This may be useful to you in many ways. You just have to hold and press the volume-down and power button to take a snapshot.
Remove unnecessary icons
Very few people realize that a cluttered home screen does not look good. It might look like a bit too tiring to see so many apps spread over the home screen. Just putting them in groups may solve the problem. Another point to remember is that each time an app is installed; an icon appears on the home screen. If you do not want this to happen, you can change the corresponding settings in Play Store on your device. You can also use a separate launcher instead of the Google Search bar.
The camera of Nexus 4 possesses very good software. Apart from delivering crystal clear images, it also helps perform a lot of editing on the photographs. Various third-party software are available to enhance the photograph as well.
You can also program or teach your device to follow your voice. You can add nicknames to your friends contact cards. So the next time you want to call your brother, you can just say brother and the device will connect his number for you.
However, in case of crowded places, this might turn out to be a difficult situation.
With so many new features, tricks and tips, make sure you make the most of your device!
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .