Howto- Install Ubuntu One and menu indicator on LinuxMint |PPA
Ubuntu One is a Cloud Service that allows you to sync files across multiple computers via Internet, it is a good alternative to DropBox. Ubuntu One have suite of cloud services including storage, sync, sharing and streaming , you will have immediate access to your music collection, favorite photos, videos, important documents and more, at any time and from any device.
In this post i will show you how to install Ubuntu One and its indicator on LinuxMint.
Install Ubuntuone on LinuxMint:
Open terminal and enter the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuone/stable sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install ubuntuone-control-panel-gtk ubuntuone-client
After installation, you can run ubuntu one from terminal using the command :
If you want to install ubuntuone indicator on LinuxMint, use the following ppa
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:rye/ubuntuone-extras sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install ubuntuone-indicator
After installed, to launch the indicator open Menu–>Other–>Ubuntu One indicator
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker) : In our previous tutorial, we have shown you how to install corosync and pacemaker. We will show y...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04 : Satis is a simple static composer repository generator. It is used in any composer.json file as i...0 comments |
- Install Google Talk Plugin In Fedora 20
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .