Howto-Install Tomcat in Centos /Fedora the Easy way
Question: Howto-Install Tomcat in Centos /Fedora the Easy way?
The installation is easy, you need to install Java and then Tomocat, to do that open terminal and as root type the following commands:
yum -y install java yum -y install tomcat6 tomcat6-webapps tomcat6-admin-webapps
- Finally we can launch Tomcat 6:
- To connect to Tomcat, just browse to port 8080 (default) on the server, for example:
- Where to find the important config fils and directories ?
/var/lib/tomcat6 (this is where you will add and/or change most of your files)
- Change Default port !!?
Find server.xml in /etc/tomcat6 and change port from 8080 to other unused port
<Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1" connectionTimeout="20000" redirectPort="8443" />
save the new config and restart tomcat
- Make admin password for Tomcat
Edit /etc/tomcat6/tomcat-users.xml and add the following
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?><tomcat-users> <!-- <role rolename="tomcat"/> <role rolename="role1"/> <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/> <user username="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/> <user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/> --> <role rolename="manager"/> <role rolename="admin"/> <user username="admin" password="admin" roles="admin,manager"/> </tomcat-users>
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal : From github repo nsnake is a clone of the classic snake game that we all used to play on our cellp...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .