Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Howto-Install Tomcat in Centos /Fedora the Easy way
Question: Howto-Install Tomcat in Centos /Fedora the Easy way?
The installation is easy, you need to install Java and then Tomocat, to do that open terminal and as root type the following commands:
yum -y install java yum -y install tomcat6 tomcat6-webapps tomcat6-admin-webapps
- Finally we can launch Tomcat 6:
- To connect to Tomcat, just browse to port 8080 (default) on the server, for example:
- Where to find the important config fils and directories ?
/var/lib/tomcat6 (this is where you will add and/or change most of your files)
- Change Default port !!?
Find server.xml in /etc/tomcat6 and change port from 8080 to other unused port
<Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1" connectionTimeout="20000" redirectPort="8443" />
save the new config and restart tomcat
- Make admin password for Tomcat
Edit /etc/tomcat6/tomcat-users.xml and add the following
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?><tomcat-users> <!-- <role rolename="tomcat"/> <role rolename="role1"/> <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/> <user username="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/> <user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/> --> <role rolename="manager"/> <role rolename="admin"/> <user username="admin" password="admin" roles="admin,manager"/> </tomcat-users>
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .