Howto-Install Tomcat in Centos /Fedora the Easy way
Question: Howto-Install Tomcat in Centos /Fedora the Easy way?
The installation is easy, you need to install Java and then Tomocat, to do that open terminal and as root type the following commands:
yum -y install java yum -y install tomcat6 tomcat6-webapps tomcat6-admin-webapps
- Finally we can launch Tomcat 6:
- To connect to Tomcat, just browse to port 8080 (default) on the server, for example:
- Where to find the important config fils and directories ?
/var/lib/tomcat6 (this is where you will add and/or change most of your files)
- Change Default port !!?
Find server.xml in /etc/tomcat6 and change port from 8080 to other unused port
<Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1" connectionTimeout="20000" redirectPort="8443" />
save the new config and restart tomcat
- Make admin password for Tomcat
Edit /etc/tomcat6/tomcat-users.xml and add the following
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?><tomcat-users> <!-- <role rolename="tomcat"/> <role rolename="role1"/> <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/> <user username="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/> <user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/> --> <role rolename="manager"/> <role rolename="admin"/> <user username="admin" password="admin" roles="admin,manager"/> </tomcat-users>
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS 'Luna'/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint : FrostWire is a peer-to-peer file sharing program for the gnutella and BitTorrent protocols. FrostWir...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .