Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Howto- Install pkgin on NetBSD 6
In this post i will show you how i have installed my pkgin in my Netbsd 6.0 Beta.
What’s is pkgin ?
pkgin is cool software unix package manager Like apt-get aptitude yum en merge for Linux distributions
How to install pkgin
First login to your machine
- pkgin installation
The first thing we need to install is pkgin using the old traditionnal way of installing binaries on NetBSD:
# export PKG_PATH="http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/6.0_BETA_current/All/" # pkg_add -v pkgin
To be able to use pkgin we need to configure the following file : /usr/pkg/etc/pkgin/repositories.conf defining the repository we want to use, for example:
We can now update the database:
# pkgin update
If you have any issue with this command like libcrypto.so.4 not found, try to make a symbolic link from /usr/lib/libcryptoso.1 to libcrypto.so.4
i have tested this method and it work’s
netbsd6# pkgin update Database needs to be updated. proceed ? [Y/n] y reading local summary... processing local summary... updating database: 100% database for ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/6.0_BETAT_current/All is up-to-date
Now pkgin is ready, you can install everything using the pkgin command. Example vsftpd
netbsd6# pkgin install vsftpd calculating dependencies... done. nothing to upgrade. 1 packages to be installed: vsftpd-2.3.4 (76K to download, 192K to install proceed ? [Y/n]
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...1 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .