Howto- Install pkgin on NetBSD 6
In this post i will show you how i have installed my pkgin in my Netbsd 6.0 Beta.
What’s is pkgin ?
pkgin is cool software unix package manager Like apt-get aptitude yum en merge for Linux distributions
How to install pkgin
First login to your machine
- pkgin installation
The first thing we need to install is pkgin using the old traditionnal way of installing binaries on NetBSD:
# export PKG_PATH="http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/6.0_BETA_current/All/" # pkg_add -v pkgin
To be able to use pkgin we need to configure the following file : /usr/pkg/etc/pkgin/repositories.conf defining the repository we want to use, for example:
We can now update the database:
# pkgin update
If you have any issue with this command like libcrypto.so.4 not found, try to make a symbolic link from /usr/lib/libcryptoso.1 to libcrypto.so.4
i have tested this method and it work’s
netbsd6# pkgin update Database needs to be updated. proceed ? [Y/n] y reading local summary... processing local summary... updating database: 100% database for ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/6.0_BETAT_current/All is up-to-date
Now pkgin is ready, you can install everything using the pkgin command. Example vsftpd
netbsd6# pkgin install vsftpd calculating dependencies... done. nothing to upgrade. 1 packages to be installed: vsftpd-2.3.4 (76K to download, 192K to install proceed ? [Y/n]
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...0 comments |
- Canonical Works with Cisco! : The Ubuntu distribution is known to everybody nowadays, right? The company behind its development ...1 comment |
- Setup LDAP Server in CentOS, RHEL, Scientific linux 6.5/6.4/6.3 : In this tutorial we are going to setup LDAP server using 389 Directory Server. The 389 Directory Ser...0 comments |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Download 11 Community Wallpapers Chosen For Ubuntu 14.04 “Trusty Tahr”
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS “Trusty Tahr” Default Wallpaper Revealed!
- Canonical Works with Cisco!
- Android Intercom: An Excellent Intercom App For Bikers Or Hiking Fans
- Install Google Talk Plugin In Fedora 20
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .