Howto- Install pkgin on NetBSD 6
In this post i will show you how i have installed my pkgin in my Netbsd 6.0 Beta.
What’s is pkgin ?
pkgin is cool software unix package manager Like apt-get aptitude yum en merge for Linux distributions
How to install pkgin
First login to your machine
- pkgin installation
The first thing we need to install is pkgin using the old traditionnal way of installing binaries on NetBSD:
# export PKG_PATH="http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/6.0_BETA_current/All/" # pkg_add -v pkgin
To be able to use pkgin we need to configure the following file : /usr/pkg/etc/pkgin/repositories.conf defining the repository we want to use, for example:
We can now update the database:
# pkgin update
If you have any issue with this command like libcrypto.so.4 not found, try to make a symbolic link from /usr/lib/libcryptoso.1 to libcrypto.so.4
i have tested this method and it work’s
netbsd6# pkgin update Database needs to be updated. proceed ? [Y/n] y reading local summary... processing local summary... updating database: 100% database for ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/6.0_BETAT_current/All is up-to-date
Now pkgin is ready, you can install everything using the pkgin command. Example vsftpd
netbsd6# pkgin install vsftpd calculating dependencies... done. nothing to upgrade. 1 packages to be installed: vsftpd-2.3.4 (76K to download, 192K to install proceed ? [Y/n]
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released! : TeamViewer is a commercial all-in-one software that can be used for remote control, desktop sharing,...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .