Howto- Install Cinnamon on Fedora, LinuxMint, Ubuntu(ppa) and opensuse
Cinnamon is the new desktop environment created around the Gnome 3.2, to give power Gnome Shell users a Gnome 2 like layout and experience. It is develloped and maintened by LinuxMint team. The latest release is Cinnamon1.3.
Install Cinnamon 1.3 on Ubuntu/Fedora/ Opensuse
- For LinuxMint12:
Cinnamon is available from the Linux Mint repository:
sudo apt-get install cinnamon
- For Ubuntu
Use the following ppa to install Cinnamon on Ubuntu:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:merlwiz79/cinnamon-ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install cinnamon
When installation is done, logout and Change the session to Cinnamon.
- For Fedora:
Open terminal and enter the following commands:
su curl http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/leigh123linux/cinnamon/fedora-cinnamon.repo -o /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-cinnamon.repo yum install cinnamon
- For Opensuse 12.1:
- Cinnamon – CLICK TO INSTALL
- To install using the command line
Run the following command (as root): zypper ar http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/GNOME:/Cinnamon/12.1/GNOME:Cinnamon.repo
followed by a repository refresh (which will prompt your to accept the key, make sure you do):
Now install the packages
zypper in cinnamon
Screenshot from Opensuse.org
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...1 comment |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...1 comment |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .