Howto- Configure Ubuntu 13.10 behind Proxy with Authentification Required
After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy, I was not able to update behind the http proxy. Here how i solved this.
root@ubuntu-unixmen:~# apt-get update Err http://us.archive.ubuntu.com saucy InRelease Err http://us.archive.ubuntu.com saucy-updates InRelease Err http://us.archive.ubuntu.com saucy-backports InRelease
Follow the steps bellow to be able to execute apt-get behind a proxy:
$ cd /etc/apt
$ sudo vi apt.conf
add this to the file:
Now export the proxy line with:
To make this command permanent add it to ~/.bash.rc in your home directory:
Now Check and restart the updates:
root@ubuntu-unixmen:/etc/apt# apt-get update Ign http://security.ubuntu.com saucy-security InRelease Get:1 http://security.ubuntu.com saucy-security Release.gpg [933 B] Get:2 http://security.ubuntu.com saucy-security Release [49.6 kB] Get:3 http://security.ubuntu.com saucy-security/main Sources [3,993 B] Ign http://us.archive.ubuntu.com saucy InRelease Get:4 http://security.ubuntu.com saucy-security/restricted Sources [14 B] Get:5 http://security.ubuntu.com saucy-security/universe Sources [14 B] Get:6 http://security.ubuntu.com saucy-security/multiverse Sources [14 B] Get:7 http://security.ubuntu.com saucy-security/main i386 Packages [14.9 kB]
root@ubuntu-unixmen:/etc/apt# apt-get upgrade Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done The following packages will be upgraded: apport python3-apport python3-problem-report 3 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded. Need to get 307 kB of archives. After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used. Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...0 comments |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker) : In our previous tutorial, we have shown you how to install corosync and pacemaker. We will show y...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04 : Satis is a simple static composer repository generator. It is used in any composer.json file as i...0 comments |
- Canonical Works with Cisco!
- Android Intercom: An Excellent Intercom App For Bikers Or Hiking Fans
- Install Google Talk Plugin In Fedora 20
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .