Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu
Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This guide will explain the simplest way of enabling remote desktop connections on a Ubuntu Desktop.
I suppose you have Natty installed, if so, to Start Remote Desktop, first look for the remote desktop application as described bellow :
Once it opens, you should see an window similar to the one below.
Tick the boxes next to these two options:
- Allow other users to view your desktop
- Allow other users to control your desktop
We need to secure it a bit as well. So tick the confirmation and password box as well. Specify a password of your choice. It should look somewhat like this:
Now your desktop is shared and anyone with the password and your IP address can can access your desktop remotely.
If you’d like to test if everything is working correctly, open a terminal and enter the following:
vncviewer -fullscreen IP:0
or via remote viewer Rdesktop
Start the remote desktop viewer
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .