Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
How to Mount a SMB/CIFS Share as an Automount on CentOS/Fedora/RHEL
In This tutorial we will show you How to automatically mount/unmount a SMB/CIFS Windows share on a CentOS/Fedora/RHEL server.
You need to open terminal and follow the instructions bellow:
1-Install the Automounter
# yum install autofs
2-Install samba (client)
#yum install samba-client samba-common
3-Next you have to add an entry to the file /etc/auto.master, like so:
# file: /etc/auto.master
/mnt/cifs_share /etc/auto.cifs --timeout=600 --ghost
4-Now we’ll need to create the mount point:
% mkdir /mnt/cifs_share
5-now create the file /etc/auto.cifs:
share_data -fstype=cifs,rw,noperm,credentials=/etc/credentials.txt ://192.168.1.x/windows_data
6-And finally, create the credentials.txt file.
7-The last step is to startup the automounter service (/etc/init.d/autofs).
% /etc/init.d/autofs start
8-Once done you should now be able to cd to /mnt/cifs_share/windwos_data.
% cd /mnt/cifs_share/windows_data
9-You can confirm that the mount is being accessed correctly by checking the active mounts:
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 on / type ext3 (rw)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620)
/dev/sda1 on /boot type ext3 (rw)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw)
//192.168.1.x/windows_data on /mnt/cifs_share/windows_data type cifs (rw,mand)
And is done
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .