How to make your own 20th Century Fox and LIONSGATE intro with Blender 2.5 in 5 min
This is an easy tutorial on how to make your own 20th Century Fox and LIONSGATE styled intro using Blender 2.5. It is very easy you just need to donwload the templates blender and follow the instructions, it shouldn’t take more than 5-10 minutes to edit it. To do this, you need to have Blender 2.5 or above installed in your system, if you are an ubuntu or LinuxMint user, you can install the latest release of blender using PPA from this link.
About Blender :
Blender is a free, open source 3D graphics application that can be used for modeling, UV unwrapping, texturing, rigging, water and smoke simulations, skinning, animating, rendering, particle and other simulations, non-linear editing, compositing, and creating interactive 3D applications, including video games, animated film, or visual effects.
Blender’s features include advanced simulation tools such as rigid, realistic body, fluid, cloth and softbody dynamics, modifier-based modeling tools, powerful character animation tools, a node-based material and compositing system and Python for embedded scripting.
I- 20th Century Fox
This is another easy tutorial from Ballyweg at YouTube that explains how to make your own custom 20th Century Fox intro using only Blender 2.57a/b/2.58a. It is very easy you just need to donwload the files at Link1 and download blender from this Link and follow my instructions. If your good, it shouldn’t take more than 5-10 minutes to edit it.
Link1: http://goo.gl/NupS7 (needed template files)
See the result for Unixmen:
II -Lionsgate intro
First you need to download the template from this link: http://goo.gl/utwGW
1.) Download the zip file and prepare the needed programs.
Creating your Text:
Choose between one title (Lionsgate Text 1 line.blend) or a title and a subtitle (Lionsgate Text 2 lines.blend)
1.) Open the chosen .blend file in Blender.
2.) Right Click on the “T” in the word Theaters. You should have selected an object called Front Text.001 NOTE: The E’s are not part of this text object, so they don’t highlight.
3.) Press TAB then backspace to delete the text. Type in your own text of choice, but insert two spaces wherever there should be an E. (ie: T – H – spc,spc – A – T – spc,spc – R – S). Press TAB when finished.
4.) Right Click on the T in the word Theaters that is behind your new text. This object is called 3D Text.001.
5.) Repeat step 3 for this text object.
6.) Right Click on one of the E’s from the original word Theaters. These objects are Front Text.002 and Front Text.004 respectively.
7.) Left Click and hold on the red arrow then slide the “E” along the X-Axis to place it where you need it. If you don’t need any E’s just drag it left or right out of the camera’s view with the spare E’s.
8.) Repeat step 7 with the other E from the word Theaters, and the spare E’s if you need them.
Only if you chose the 2 lined version:
A9.) Repeat 2.)-8.) with the Subtitle
Optional if the title is too long:
B11.) Right Click the title. Go into the Object Data Tab (little F icon on the lower toolbar). Change the size.
B12.) Right Click the 3D text behind you title. Change it to the same size.
B13.) Select the Scale Manipulator Mode (line with a squared end on the lower toolbar) and resize the E’s.
B14.) Go back to Scene Mode (little camera icon on the lower toolbar)
15.) Press Animation (or Ctrl+ F12).
Rendering the Video:
1.) Open the Lionsgate.aep project.
2.) Click the little tab called Render Queue. Then click on Output to and save the file. Then click render.
That should just about do it. Hopefully I didn’t leave anything out. If you have any problems let me know.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .