How to Install vsftpd Centos/RHEL/Fedora
vsftpd, which stands for “Very Secure FTP Daemon”, is an FTP server for Unix-like systems, including Linux. It is licensed under the GNU General Public License. It supports IPv6 and SSL.
vsftpd supports explicit (since 2.0.0) and implicit (since 2.1.0) FTPS.
In July 2011 it was discovered that vsftpd version 2.3.4 downloadable from the master site had been compromised. Users logging into an instance of the compromised vsftpd-2.3.4 may issue a “:)” smileyface as the username and gain a command shell on a high tcp port. This was not an issue of a security hole in vsftpd, instead, someone had uploaded a different version of vsftpd which contained a backdoor.
Let show you how to install VSFTPD in centos with SSl certification:
Install vsftpd with
tyn install vsftpd
Check the ssl
ldd /usr/sbin/vsftpd | grep ssl
This suitable command is for creating your certificates
[bash]# openssl req -x509 -nodes -days 730 -newkey rsa:1024
Check your Certificate :
openssl x509 -in /etc/pki/tls/certs/vsftpd.pem -noout -text
Change owner chip of the file
chmod 600 /etc/pki/tls/certs/vsftpd.pem
Connect to the FTP Server via Command line or Via FTP Client (windwos or Linux)
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker) : In our previous tutorial, we have shown you how to install corosync and pacemaker. We will show y...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04 : Satis is a simple static composer repository generator. It is used in any composer.json file as i...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .