How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The installation of uTorrent in Linux is different from Windows and Mac OS. In Linux, uTorrent runs as a web server. You will access uTorrent from your browser. You should start the uTorrent server in order to access it from your browser.
Install uTorrent on Ubuntu/Debian
Download uTorrent using the following command:
sk@server:~$ wget http://download.utorrent.com/linux/utorrent-server-3.0-25053.tar.gz
Extract the downloaded file to /opt directory:
sk@server:~$ sudo tar zxvf utorrent-server-3.0-25053.tar.gz -C /opt/
Set full permissions to uTorrent folder:
sk@server:~$ sudo chmod -R 777 /opt/utorrent-server-v3_0/
Run the following command to link uTorrent to /usr/bin directory:
sk@server:~$ sudo ln -s /opt/utorrent-server-v3_0/utserver /usr/bin/utserver
Install the necessary dependencies:
sk@server:~$ sudo apt-get install libssl0.9.8:i386
Finally run the uTorrent server:
sk@server:~$ utserver -settingspath /opt/utorrent-server-v3_0/
Now navigate to http://ip-address:8080/gui/ from your browser.
It will ask you the username and password. The default username is admin and leave the password field empty.
This is how your default uTorrent page looks.
Then mention the Downloads directory in your uTorrent configuration. To do that click on Preferences. In the preferences window, click on Directories tab on the left pane and set the Downloads folder location. Finally click Apply and OK.
That’s it. Now uTorrent has been installed.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...3 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .