How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The installation of uTorrent in Linux is different from Windows and Mac OS. In Linux, uTorrent runs as a web server. You will access uTorrent from your browser. You should start the uTorrent server in order to access it from your browser.
Install uTorrent on Ubuntu/Debian
Download uTorrent using the following command:
sk@server:~$ wget http://download.utorrent.com/linux/utorrent-server-3.0-25053.tar.gz
Extract the downloaded file to /opt directory:
sk@server:~$ sudo tar zxvf utorrent-server-3.0-25053.tar.gz -C /opt/
Set full permissions to uTorrent folder:
sk@server:~$ sudo chmod -R 777 /opt/utorrent-server-v3_0/
Run the following command to link uTorrent to /usr/bin directory:
sk@server:~$ sudo ln -s /opt/utorrent-server-v3_0/utserver /usr/bin/utserver
Install the necessary dependencies:
sk@server:~$ sudo apt-get install libssl0.9.8:i386
Finally run the uTorrent server:
sk@server:~$ utserver -settingspath /opt/utorrent-server-v3_0/
Now navigate to http://ip-address:8080/gui/ from your browser.
It will ask you the username and password. The default username is admin and leave the password field empty.
This is how your default uTorrent page looks.
Then mention the Downloads directory in your uTorrent configuration. To do that click on Preferences. In the preferences window, click on Directories tab on the left pane and set the Downloads folder location. Finally click Apply and OK.
That’s it. Now uTorrent has been installed.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10 : Introduction Fail2Ban is an intrusion prevention framework written in the Python programming l...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful : Running a business can be very stressful. You have to think about team collaboration, making sure th...0 comments |
- install Git in Ubuntu : Git is a distributed revision control system with an emphasis on speed. Git was initially designed a...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5 : I will show you in this tutorial how to install your first cluster Corosync and the Linux Cluster Ma...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .