How to Install Ubuntu 13.04 in Macbook Air
How to install Ubuntu 13.04 in Macbook Air?
Download the Mac image from Ubuntu website and then follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Convert ISO into DMG:
~ hdiutil convert -format UDRW -o /Users/drpaneas/Downloads/raring-desktop-amd64+mac.img /Users/drpaneas/Downloads/raring-desktop-amd64+mac.iso
Step 2: Check your /dev/diskN
~ diskutil list
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *121.3 GB disk0
1: EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS Macintosh HD 100.7 GB disk0s2
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: FDisk_partition_scheme *15.9 GB disk1
1: Windows_NTFS 15.9 GB disk1s1
Step 3: Unmount the USB-disk
~ diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk1
Unmount of all volumes on disk1 was successful
Step 4: Copy the DMG into the drive
~ sudo dd if=/users/drpaneas/Downloads/raring-desktop-amd64+mac.img.dmg of=/dev/rdisk1 bs=1m
One more thing, in order to be able to boot from other media you’re going to need rEFIT. Download and install it.
Once you’ve done with rEFIT (partition inspector), reboot your Macbook and hold ALT key in order to boot from the USB flash drive and begin the Ubuntu 13.04 installation.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS 'Luna'/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint : FrostWire is a peer-to-peer file sharing program for the gnutella and BitTorrent protocols. FrostWir...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .