How to Install Ubuntu 13.04 in Macbook Air
How to install Ubuntu 13.04 in Macbook Air?
Download the Mac image from Ubuntu website and then follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Convert ISO into DMG:
~ hdiutil convert -format UDRW -o /Users/drpaneas/Downloads/raring-desktop-amd64+mac.img /Users/drpaneas/Downloads/raring-desktop-amd64+mac.iso
Step 2: Check your /dev/diskN
~ diskutil list
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *121.3 GB disk0
1: EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS Macintosh HD 100.7 GB disk0s2
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: FDisk_partition_scheme *15.9 GB disk1
1: Windows_NTFS 15.9 GB disk1s1
Step 3: Unmount the USB-disk
~ diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk1
Unmount of all volumes on disk1 was successful
Step 4: Copy the DMG into the drive
~ sudo dd if=/users/drpaneas/Downloads/raring-desktop-amd64+mac.img.dmg of=/dev/rdisk1 bs=1m
One more thing, in order to be able to boot from other media you’re going to need rEFIT. Download and install it.
Once you’ve done with rEFIT (partition inspector), reboot your Macbook and hold ALT key in order to boot from the USB flash drive and begin the Ubuntu 13.04 installation.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10 : Introduction Fail2Ban is an intrusion prevention framework written in the Python programming l...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful : Running a business can be very stressful. You have to think about team collaboration, making sure th...0 comments |
- install Git in Ubuntu : Git is a distributed revision control system with an emphasis on speed. Git was initially designed a...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5 : I will show you in this tutorial how to install your first cluster Corosync and the Linux Cluster Ma...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
- Linux Basics: Zypper Usage On openSUSE
- GNOME’s 3.12 supports Google Cloud Print
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .