How to install the thunderbird launcher for Unity 64bit
Thunderbird is the one-stop mail solution for many of us. Mozilla corporation had provided a really nice extension for 32bit(x86) Ubuntu users for integrating it with Ubuntu’s new unity launcher.
However, x86_64 (64bit) users were deprived of that privilege. The news is that Mozilla has finally released a 64 bit version of his extension.
The x86 restriction has been removed, and the launcher now is usable from whatever platform as long as it’s capable of running Thunderbird 3.3 or higher.
If you’re running a lower version of thunderbird, you’ll first need to update to 3.3. You need to add the repo ‘ppa:ubuntu-mozilla-daily/ppa’ to your software sources. You can do this through the following commands.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-mozilla-daily/ppa
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
This will update your Thunderbird build to the latest.
Afterwards, head on over to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/unity-launcher-integration/ and add the extension to Thunderbird.
You now have a unity tooltip that works in 64bit mode too
This is a guest post contributed by Convexity
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .