Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
How to install sqldeveloper on Linuxmint 14/Ubuntu12.10
Oracle SQL Developer is an Integrated development environment (IDE) for working with SQL in Oracle databases. Oracle Corporation provides this product free; it uses the Java Development Kit.
Oracle SQL Developer supports Oracle products and a variety of third-party plugins which users may deploy to connect to non-Oracle databases. Oracle SQL Developer works with IBM DB2, Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Sybase Adaptive Server, and Teradata databases.
Oracle SQL Developer supports automatic tabs, code insight, bracket matching and syntax coloring for PL/SQL.
1- Download Sqldeveloper from Oracle Website
Pirat9@pirat9-VirtualBox ~/Downloads $ ls sqldeveloper-3.2.20.09.87-no-jre.zip
2- Check your installed Java version using the command:
pirat9@pirat9-VirtualBox ~/Downloads $ java -version Output java version "1.7.0_07" OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea7 2.3.2) (7u7-2.3.2a-1ubuntu1) OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.2-b09, mixed mode) pirat9@pirat9-VirtualBox ~/Downloads $
3- extract SQldeveloper
Cd the directory where you downloaded sqldeveloper and extract the file:
unzip Sqldeveloper .x.x.zip
Now make the script executable:
chmod +x sqldeveloper.sh
4- Now run the sqldeveloper script
./sqldeveloper.sh Oracle SQL Developer Copyright (c) 1997, 2011, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.Type the full pathname of a J2SE installation (or Ctrl-C to quit), the path will be stored in ~/.sqldeveloper/jdk
Please put your Java PATH
4- connect and enjoy SQL Developer:)
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Resolve libudev0 Issue When Installing Google Chrome in Ubuntu 13.04 : When installing chrome in Ubuntu 13.04, I got the following error: Google Chrome can not ...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .