How to install sqldeveloper on Linuxmint 14/Ubuntu12.10
Oracle SQL Developer is an Integrated development environment (IDE) for working with SQL in Oracle databases. Oracle Corporation provides this product free; it uses the Java Development Kit.
Oracle SQL Developer supports Oracle products and a variety of third-party plugins which users may deploy to connect to non-Oracle databases. Oracle SQL Developer works with IBM DB2, Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Sybase Adaptive Server, and Teradata databases.
Oracle SQL Developer supports automatic tabs, code insight, bracket matching and syntax coloring for PL/SQL.
1- Download Sqldeveloper from Oracle Website
Pirat9@pirat9-VirtualBox ~/Downloads $ ls sqldeveloper-3.2.20.09.87-no-jre.zip
2- Check your installed Java version using the command:
pirat9@pirat9-VirtualBox ~/Downloads $ java -version Output java version "1.7.0_07" OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea7 2.3.2) (7u7-2.3.2a-1ubuntu1) OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.2-b09, mixed mode) pirat9@pirat9-VirtualBox ~/Downloads $
3- extract SQldeveloper
Cd the directory where you downloaded sqldeveloper and extract the file:
unzip Sqldeveloper .x.x.zip
Now make the script executable:
chmod +x sqldeveloper.sh
4- Now run the sqldeveloper script
./sqldeveloper.sh Oracle SQL Developer Copyright (c) 1997, 2011, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.Type the full pathname of a J2SE installation (or Ctrl-C to quit), the path will be stored in ~/.sqldeveloper/jdk
Please put your Java PATH
4- connect and enjoy SQL Developer:)
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .