How to install sqldeveloper on Linuxmint 14/Ubuntu12.10
Oracle SQL Developer is an Integrated development environment (IDE) for working with SQL in Oracle databases. Oracle Corporation provides this product free; it uses the Java Development Kit.
Oracle SQL Developer supports Oracle products and a variety of third-party plugins which users may deploy to connect to non-Oracle databases. Oracle SQL Developer works with IBM DB2, Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Sybase Adaptive Server, and Teradata databases.
Oracle SQL Developer supports automatic tabs, code insight, bracket matching and syntax coloring for PL/SQL.
1- Download Sqldeveloper from Oracle Website
Pirat9@pirat9-VirtualBox ~/Downloads $ ls sqldeveloper-3.2.20.09.87-no-jre.zip
2- Check your installed Java version using the command:
pirat9@pirat9-VirtualBox ~/Downloads $ java -version Output java version "1.7.0_07" OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea7 2.3.2) (7u7-2.3.2a-1ubuntu1) OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.2-b09, mixed mode) pirat9@pirat9-VirtualBox ~/Downloads $
3- extract SQldeveloper
Cd the directory where you downloaded sqldeveloper and extract the file:
unzip Sqldeveloper .x.x.zip
Now make the script executable:
chmod +x sqldeveloper.sh
4- Now run the sqldeveloper script
./sqldeveloper.sh Oracle SQL Developer Copyright (c) 1997, 2011, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.Type the full pathname of a J2SE installation (or Ctrl-C to quit), the path will be stored in ~/.sqldeveloper/jdk
Please put your Java PATH
4- connect and enjoy SQL Developer:)
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint : Sayonara is a small, clear and fast audio player for Linux written in C++, supported by the Qt frame...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu : Linux Kernel 3.12.4 has been officially released with fixes for inet6_init() cleanup order, seqlock ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates : Hi guys, Firefox 26 has been released for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Android devices. It brings m...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .