Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
How to install Gnome3 in Ubuntu 11.04 Natty via PPA
Everybody knows that Ubuntu11.04 has Unity as default desktop, with the arrival of Gnome 3, many users want to test this in Ubuntu11.04 Natty. In this quick post will show you how to install Gnome3 on Ubuntu11.04 Natty.
Default desktop of Ubuntu11.04
Note that this PPA will not work in earlier releases of Ubuntu.
Installation of Gnome3 in Ubuntu 11.04 Natty
THERE IS NO DOWNGRADE PATH. THIS HAS NO WARRANTY, AND IT COULD SERIOUSLY MESS THINGS UP.
1) Obtain a clean, fresh installation of the latest 11.04 Natty Narwhal
beta. Perform all applicable updates.
2) Configure the system to NOT login automatically. This is needed so that you can choose what kind of session you want. If you do not do this, you will still be stuck with unity. This can be changed under system>preferences>login screen.
3) Add the UGR Repositories:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntugnometeam/gnome3
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntugnometeam/ppa-gen
sudo apt-get update
4) Install UGR
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo apt-get install ugr-desktop-g3 gnome-shell
sudo apt-get upgrade
5) Reboot. You should see “GNOME 3″ and “GNOME shell” as a session
option in the login screen.
after the installation is done, restart your session.
Usefull Links: lffl.org, gnome3
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .