Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
How to install Burg boot loader in Ubuntu 12.04 and LinuxMint13
Updated 23-05-2012: burg is a brand-new boot loader based on GRUB. It uses a new object format which allows it to be built in a wider range of OS, including Linux/Windows/OSX/Solaris/FreeBSD, etc. It also has a highly configurable menu system which works in both text and graphic mode. In this post we will show you how to install Burg in Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal, 12.04 “Precise Pangolin” and LinuxMint13.
- To Install Burg in Ubuntu 12.04, 12.10 Quantal Quetzal, and LinuxMint, Open terminal and enter the following commands :
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:n-muench/burg sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install burg burg-themes
- Now to make BURG integrate the HardDisk enter the following command in terminal:
sudo burg-install "(hd0)"
Remember to substitute ‘hd0′ with the drive on which your MBR is installed.
- Now update burg:
- Finally, run the following to test and set your theme:
Press F2 To change theme .
Press F3 to change resolution
If you want to use another easy way to configue burg, you need to install Burg- manager, for this check our previuos post.
Here are the hot-keys defined in the boot menu:
- t – Open theme selection menu
- f – Toggle between folding mode
- n – Jump to the next item with the same class
- w – Jump to the next Windows item
- u – Jump to the next Ubuntu item
- e – Edit the command of current boot item
- c – Open a terminal window
- 2 – Open two terminal windows
- h – Display help dialog (only available in sora theme)
- i – Display about dialog (only available in sora theme)
- q – Return to old grub menu
- F5/ctrl-x – Finish edit
- F6 – Switch window in dual terminal mode
- F7 – List the folded boot items
- F8 – Toggle between graphic and text mode
- F9 – shutdown
- F10 – reboot
- ESC – quit from the current popup menu or dialog.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to find Default Gateway in Linux : A gateway is a node or a router that acts as an access point to passes network datas from local netw...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Automatically change the Desktop wallpaper using Variety on Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- How to find Default Gateway in Linux
- Setup Backup server using rsnapshot on RHEL / CentOS / Ubuntu / Debian
- How to disable/change default PDF viewer in Mozilla Firefox
- Dictionaries in Python
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .