How to Install Burg Boot Loader in Ubuntu 13.04 and LinuxMint
Burg is a boot loader based on GRUB. It uses a new object format which allows it to be built in a wider range of OS, including Linux/Windows/OSX/Solaris/FreeBSD etc. It also has a highly configurable menu system which works in both text and graphic mode. In this post we will show you how to install Burg boot loader in Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ and LinuxMint, this also works with previous releases of Ubuntu and LinuxMint.
To install Burg on Ubuntu 13.04 and LinuxMint, open a terminal and run the following commands (This will install Burg and Burg themes):
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:n-muench/burg sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install burg burg-themes
During the installation of Burg, you will get many screens as described below:
Click OK to continue.
To make Burg integrate with the hard-disk, enter the following command in a terminal (Remember to substitute ‘hd0′ with the drive on which your MBR is installed):
sudo burg-install "(hd0)"
We just need to update Burg:
Press F3 to change resolution.
Here are the hot-keys defined in the boot menu:
T – Open theme selection menu
F – Toggle between folding mode
N – Jump to the next item with the same class
W – Jump to the next Windows item
U – Jump to the next Ubuntu item
E – Edit the command of current boot item
C – Open a terminal window
2 – Open two terminal windows
H – Display help dialog (only available in sora theme)
I – Display about dialog (only available in sora theme)
Q – Return to old grub menu
F5/CTRL-X – Finish edit
F6 – Switch window in dual terminal mode
F7 – List the folded boot items
F8 – Toggle between graphic and text mode
F9 – shutdown
F10 – reboot
ESC – quit from the current popup menu or dialog.
If you have question or you need help installing Burg in Linux, please post your questions in our Question/Answers Forum http://ask.unixmen.com. Thanks.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint : Sayonara is a small, clear and fast audio player for Linux written in C++, supported by the Qt frame...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu : Linux Kernel 3.12.4 has been officially released with fixes for inet6_init() cleanup order, seqlock ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates : Hi guys, Firefox 26 has been released for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Android devices. It brings m...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .