How to Install Burg Boot Loader in Ubuntu 13.04 and LinuxMint
Burg is a boot loader based on GRUB. It uses a new object format which allows it to be built in a wider range of OS, including Linux/Windows/OSX/Solaris/FreeBSD etc. It also has a highly configurable menu system which works in both text and graphic mode. In this post we will show you how to install Burg boot loader in Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ and LinuxMint, this also works with previous releases of Ubuntu and LinuxMint.
To install Burg on Ubuntu 13.04 and LinuxMint, open a terminal and run the following commands (This will install Burg and Burg themes):
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:n-muench/burg sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install burg burg-themes
During the installation of Burg, you will get many screens as described below:
Click OK to continue.
To make Burg integrate with the hard-disk, enter the following command in a terminal (Remember to substitute ‘hd0′ with the drive on which your MBR is installed):
sudo burg-install "(hd0)"
We just need to update Burg:
Press F3 to change resolution.
Here are the hot-keys defined in the boot menu:
T – Open theme selection menu
F – Toggle between folding mode
N – Jump to the next item with the same class
W – Jump to the next Windows item
U – Jump to the next Ubuntu item
E – Edit the command of current boot item
C – Open a terminal window
2 – Open two terminal windows
H – Display help dialog (only available in sora theme)
I – Display about dialog (only available in sora theme)
Q – Return to old grub menu
F5/CTRL-X – Finish edit
F6 – Switch window in dual terminal mode
F7 – List the folded boot items
F8 – Toggle between graphic and text mode
F9 – shutdown
F10 – reboot
ESC – quit from the current popup menu or dialog.
If you have question or you need help installing Burg in Linux, please post your questions in our Question/Answers Forum http://ask.unixmen.com. Thanks.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...2 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats : Selene is yet another project from the TimeShift Developer Tony George. It is an audio/video convert...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TimeShift: Restore Your Linux Desktop To Previous State
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .