How To Fix The Clumsy Window Appearance In XFCE?
Hello Everyone! I am back with a small article regarding xfce-4 desktop environment.
As you are searching to fix an problem in your xfce system you would have already got an overview about the xfce desktop environment and yes you have installed xfce in your Linux system. And after installation of xfce you are feeling uncomfortable with the windows without Title bar and so you won’t have close,minimize buttons and your desktop will be like this :So you want to get rid of this problem and enjoy the power of xfce desktop environment in your system? and you are at the right place.
Just by doing the following simple steps you can solve this issue.
STEP 1: You can use the terminal by now but still if you are unable to get the terminal just logout the system and log into the virtual terminal (VT) by pressing few key pairs (CTRL+ALT+F1) in your keyboard.
STEP 2: Enter your Login Credentials (Login Name and Login Password).
STEP 3: After logging in issue the following command in the Virtual Terminal:
STEP 4: Now you can login into your XFCE Xwindow system just by issuing the following command in VT where you are currently working:
STEP 5: Now start working with your beautiful and lightweight xfce system where you will have windows with Title bar.
Don’t forget to visit http://www.unixmen.com.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...1 comment |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .