How to Administer Your Databases with Adminer
Adminer, formerly known as phpMinAdmin, is a full-featured database management tool written in PHP. It is available for MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, MS SQL and Oracle.
Why Adminer instead of phpMyAdmin?
Though phpMyAdmin is one of the famous tool for managing MySQL databases, Adminer has many significant features than phpMyAdmin such as user experience, performance and security. A detailed comparison between Adminer and phpMyAdmin is found here.
Install Adminer on Debian/Ubuntu
Adminer is available on Ubuntu/Debian default repositories. So we don’t have to add any extra PPA:
sk@server1:~$ sudo apt-get install adminer
Once you installed Adminer, restart apache2 service.
sk@server1:~$ sudo service restart apache2
Navigate to http://ip-address/adminer from your browser. You should see a screen something like below. Enter the MySQL username and password.
Install Adminer on CentOS/RHEL
Download it using the following command:
[root@server ~]# wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/adminer/files/Adminer/Adminer%203.7.1/adminer-3.7.1.zip
Extract it using command:
[root@server ~]# unzip adminer-3.7.1.zip
Copy the adminer folder to webserver (Apache) root document folder:
[root@server ~]# cp -R adminer-3.7.1/ /var/www/html/adminer
Now restart Apache service:
[root@server ~]# service httpd restart
Once you have installed Adminer, navigate to http://ip-address/adminer/adminer from your browser. You should see a screen something like below. Enter the MySQL username and password.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .