Heroes of Newerth becomes truly free!
It’s been almost a year since the creator of Heroes of Newerth, S2 Games decided to make the game free-to-play with some restrictions, and linux gamers got the chance to play this wonderful dota clone without spending a penny.
One of the most annoying restrictions was the “free hero pool” which limited the hero selection for the free accounts at 15 different every week heroes. This caused unbalance and cut the gaming experience for the newcomers. Thankfully, S2 Games decided to throw this limitation away on version 2.6.11 that came out a few days ago…
So from now on everyone will be able to play whatever hero they like, whenever they feel like it. You will be able to choose one of the 100 unique heroes expanding greatly the gaming experience for the newcomers. This will decrease the matchmaking waiting time for less popular game modes that required the possession of many heroes, so this change will be beneficial for the legacy accounts too.
Is this connected to the upcoming Dota 2 release by Valve that will also be available for the Linux platform? Of course it is! Heroes of Newerth counts less players than League of Legends and the release of Dota 2 will only make things worse so this is just another attempt to expand the HoN community and increase the player base. This will hopefully increase the income from other extra stuff like alternative hero skins, funny announcers etc.
Whatever the case, Heroes of Newerth is reaching out to the Linux gamers once again, and this time the deal is truly honest. If you haven’t played this game before, you should try it out immediately!
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint : Sayonara is a small, clear and fast audio player for Linux written in C++, supported by the Qt frame...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu : Linux Kernel 3.12.4 has been officially released with fixes for inet6_init() cleanup order, seqlock ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates : Hi guys, Firefox 26 has been released for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Android devices. It brings m...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .