Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Heroes of Newerth becomes truly free!
It’s been almost a year since the creator of Heroes of Newerth, S2 Games decided to make the game free-to-play with some restrictions, and linux gamers got the chance to play this wonderful dota clone without spending a penny.
One of the most annoying restrictions was the “free hero pool” which limited the hero selection for the free accounts at 15 different every week heroes. This caused unbalance and cut the gaming experience for the newcomers. Thankfully, S2 Games decided to throw this limitation away on version 2.6.11 that came out a few days ago…
So from now on everyone will be able to play whatever hero they like, whenever they feel like it. You will be able to choose one of the 100 unique heroes expanding greatly the gaming experience for the newcomers. This will decrease the matchmaking waiting time for less popular game modes that required the possession of many heroes, so this change will be beneficial for the legacy accounts too.
Is this connected to the upcoming Dota 2 release by Valve that will also be available for the Linux platform? Of course it is! Heroes of Newerth counts less players than League of Legends and the release of Dota 2 will only make things worse so this is just another attempt to expand the HoN community and increase the player base. This will hopefully increase the income from other extra stuff like alternative hero skins, funny announcers etc.
Whatever the case, Heroes of Newerth is reaching out to the Linux gamers once again, and this time the deal is truly honest. If you haven’t played this game before, you should try it out immediately!
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .