Here is more fun with Worms Hedgewars
If you have been a big fan of computer games, then you will be familiar with that marvelous game, called Worms, which released in 1995. This was a great single-player game, which supported multiple players as one team of worms overcame another.
An excellent adaption of the Worms’s game-play is the free-to-download game Hedgewars that continues to grip and excite players as Worms so many years ago.
Hedgewars 0.9.15-4 is available for download at the Ubuntu Software Center and version Hedgewars 0.19.16 is expected very soon, without significant difference from 15-4. While you are installing this game, Cmake displays the building process in percentage, simplifying the whole process immensely.
For today’s gamers, the game-play maybe surprising as it is more subtle and paced, offering a lot of enjoyment. A straightforward game, it has two teams of hedges, at war with each other, equipped with a host of weapon and maps to help win the war.
In the Hedgewars format, you could start with exploring the four modes of play available. The training mode helps players learn the skills of the game. The next mode offers you a quick game between the players and the computer, on any map.
Another mode supports multi-player games, with other players either sharing the same monitor or online. In addition, a campaign mode is presently under development.
Of the four modes, the multiplayer mode is the most challenging given the host of activities and options, like over 40 maps. There are several randomize options, which actually makes the whole game so dynamic, as every time the game is played new parameters and challenges appear.
Another lovable feature on this game is the type of game-play available. You could choose from the following game types – normal, no jumping, capture the flag, as well as random weapon.
The rich-features available for the game and weapon schemes are easy to control, right up to the detonation timer of the grenade. You can even control the types of ammo being dropped during a game.
These extensive game-customization features, not only make the game interesting and take the gaming experience to the next level.
What you’ll love about Hedgewars
For starters, the game is an available on a free format and secondly, the game is very interesting and fun too. The game can be played with multiple-players amongst friends across a LAN platform or with any online player.
Surprisingly, despite the open-platform of the game, there are hardly any loop-holes that need to be fixed on the stable release.
Statistics at Ubuntu Software Center reveal that Hedgewars, is one of highest-rated games and has a very high download rate too.
Given the wide choice it offers in terms of modes, game-play, as well as, randomizing options, it definitely offers players individual experiences and the desire to remain logged-into the game.
The wealth of funny quotes that come your way when you are playing Hedgewars are truly humorous and keeps you chuckling, till you read the next!
Have more fun playing Hedgewars! Download Hedgewars here.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .