GNOME 3 debuts-the next gen desktop is here
The new baby has finally arrived. Gnome3, touted to be the next generation desktop truly lives up to its expectations. Designed to meet the new computational needs the Gnome 3 is most definitely not an improvement on the Gnome 2. It is a breakaway from conventional open source and will become more than your desktop. It is intuitive and has all features that make tablets so second nature. It will read your smallest gestures, like the busy
sign, and minimize all social media contacts until you are back to working on it. It is redefining how your computer works for you, since what you do with it keeps changing all the time.
Let’s keep the post-mortem for a week from now and take a quick peek at most endearing features on the Gnome 3.
Elegant, clutter-free and can we say-beautiful? Yes, it’s true the new look Gnome 3 truly delivers not only on the simplicity but powerful work slate factor but is so easy to use what with new visual theme, new font and new animations.
Image credit: Gnome.org
Has an overview option
Get to see all your activities from windows to applications with a single-key or the Windows key to known and review swiftly, between tasks and activities.
You simple continue messaging without switching windows to reply is the icing on the cake for all you facebook-twitter community on linux waiting out there.
This is a feature that Gnome designers are truly going to be thanked for. Any new notifications will remain muted in the background, waiting for you to seek them. This will cut down entirely on all the distractions by subtexting messages and waiting in the background until you are ready to assess the new notifications. Distractions are therefore minimized and efficiency is back in your desktop computing experience again.
Rapid finger-touch access
The keyboard is all that you need to make sure you find all that you want on your desktop. GNOME 3 is designed for those who want fast answers and are not averse to clicking keys to search and find what’s needed.
Tweaked system settings
System settings are new, innovative, efficiently re-organized and bring that clutter-free feel. There are new ways that make browsing settings easier. Searching and locating settings has become faster too.
Some of the other features include a beautiful new font, side-by-side window tiling, redesigned file managers for that sleeker, faster and smoother performance.
What the Gnome development Platform will be
Gnome will go beyond being an application and tools kit. Developers will continue to build user interfaces on Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux. Its technologies will ensure that MeeGo, Sugar, Unity perform better.
Gnome 3 is an aspirational product, which caters to the new computation processes, faster technology. Users now expect customization and want their desktop experiences to be faster, secure as well as organized and elegant. Gnome 3 delivers on each and every count and will be the generation next desktop.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .