Gimp 2.8.8 has been released!
Gimp 2.8.8 has been released! This is a maintenance release that comes with no new features, only bugs were fixed.
Overview of Changes from GIMP 2.8.6 to GIMP 2.8.8:
- Make sure indexed images always have a colormap
- Fix language selection via preferences on Windows
- Don’t crash on setting a large text size
- Keep the same image active when switching between MWM and SWM
- Make sure all dockables are properly resizable (particularly shrinkable)
- Add links to jump directly to Save/Export from the Export/Save
-file extension warning dialogs
- Fix GimpPickButton on OSX
- Properly document plug-in-autocrop-layer’s PDB interface
- Fix importing of indexed BMPs
- Fix lots of places to use GIO to get proper file sizes and times on windows
- Add an AppData file for GIMP
- Backport lcms2 support from master, because lcms1 is not getting
bug fixes any longer
- Lots of bug fixes
- Lots of translation updates
Install Gimp 2.8.8 in Ubuntu and LinuxMint:
Press Ctrt+Alt+T and enter the following ppa:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:otto-kesselgulasch/gimp sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install gimp
- For other Linux distros, please check this link.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...0 comments |
- Canonical Works with Cisco! : The Ubuntu distribution is known to everybody nowadays, right? The company behind its development ...1 comment |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...0 comments |
- Setup LDAP Server in CentOS, RHEL, Scientific linux 6.5/6.4/6.3 : In this tutorial we are going to setup LDAP server using 389 Directory Server. The 389 Directory Ser...0 comments |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Download 11 Community Wallpapers Chosen For Ubuntu 14.04 “Trusty Tahr”
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS “Trusty Tahr” Default Wallpaper Revealed!
- Canonical Works with Cisco!
- Android Intercom: An Excellent Intercom App For Bikers Or Hiking Fans
- Install Google Talk Plugin In Fedora 20
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .