Gimp 2.8.8 has been released!
Gimp 2.8.8 has been released! This is a maintenance release that comes with no new features, only bugs were fixed.
Overview of Changes from GIMP 2.8.6 to GIMP 2.8.8:
- Make sure indexed images always have a colormap
– Fix language selection via preferences on Windows
– Don’t crash on setting a large text size
– Keep the same image active when switching between MWM and SWM
– Make sure all dockables are properly resizable (particularly shrinkable)
– Add links to jump directly to Save/Export from the Export/Save
-file extension warning dialogs
– Fix GimpPickButton on OSX
– Properly document plug-in-autocrop-layer’s PDB interface
– Fix importing of indexed BMPs
– Fix lots of places to use GIO to get proper file sizes and times on windows
– Add an AppData file for GIMP
– Backport lcms2 support from master, because lcms1 is not getting
bug fixes any longer
– Lots of bug fixes
– Lots of translation updates
Install Gimp 2.8.8 in Ubuntu and LinuxMint:
Press Ctrt+Alt+T and enter the following ppa:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:otto-kesselgulasch/gimp sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install gimp
- For other Linux distros, please check this link.