Five new distros you should not miss
The most exciting phase of the open source platform is discovering new distros, exploring them and optimizing them for your desktop. Here are five such distros you in a variety of flavors and these are ones you should not miss. First, we have the Italian distro angusOS, then the FX64Linux, followed by the Russian distro Linux Wizard, R4W to support your Microsoft legacy hardware and then we will let you know more about in Portuguese of Brazilian origins.
As one becomes familiar with the rich wealth of distros available, the developer’s and the community’s user experience too grows helping it the drive the resourceful open source platform to achieve greater heights.
angusOS- Well if you know Italian, you will be able more at ease in exploring this distro. It is a desktop Linux distribution for Italian users. Based on openSUSE, this is a versatile derivative that supports multiple software that comes preinstalled with Firefox, libreOffice etc. It is supported in tow varieties KDE and Xfce.
FX64Linux- If you love exploring free apps, then this is the distro for you. Its community offers thousands of applications for every need. It is a Fedora derivative and comes with Oracle Java, Skype and RAR pre-installed and several essential systems like office, multimedia, and Internet applications from Fedora and RPM Fusion repositories.
LinuxWizard-is a project engaged in server solutions, customized solutions for workplaces, with automatic installation and configuration of custom-made servers. This is a Russian distro that lets you designs that help in securing your organizations information, giving it controlled access and minimize risks due to system-originating problems.
R4W is a Debian-derivative that lets you support legacy Microsoft Windows 98-XP era Personal computers. R4W is ideal for consultancies engaged in recycling, refurbishing centers as well as businesses. R4W believes in helping machines in good working condition to be deployed effectively thereby helping organizations in need of inexpensive hardware and at the same time minimizing eWaste.
SimbiOS is a Ubuntu derivative and has a great community contribution. SimbiOS is synonymous with speed, stability and is a very secure distro. This is a Brazilian desktop Linux Distribution used for its easy to install and pre-configured features.
This is a short round-up of some of the trendier linux distros that could prove to be helpful for a variety of applications.
The goal is to offer more specialized and better performing distro that not only offers you a unique, customized desktop and ecosystem but also contributes to your overall work efficiency.
The advantage of distros, is that you could use them for only one particular application you are working on and return to it later. Additionally the high-standards of community contribution is what contributes to the success of these distinct flavors of these distros. Available in their native languages, they cater to the developer community for hardware and computing environment native to their use.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .