FF Multi Converter: An Audio, Video, Image and Document Converter
FF Multi Converter is a free, open-source simple graphical application written in Python and PyQt that can be used to convert audio, video, image and document files between all popular formats, using and combining other programs. It uses ffmpeg for audio/video files, unoconv for document files and PythonMagick library for image file conversions.
The goal of FF Multi Converter is to gather all multimedia types in one application and provide conversions for them easily through a user-friendly interface. I am personally using this application to convert images, audio and videos to many formats with many dimensions (sizes).
Install FF Multi Converter on Ubuntu
Add the FF Multi Converter PPA first:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ffmulticonverter/stable
Update the sources list:
$ sudo apt-get update
Install it using command:
$ sudo apt-get install ffmulticonverter
Run FF Multi Converter
Open up the converter from your Dash or Menu. The default interface should look like below.
Complete list of supported formats
- aac, ac3, afc, aiff, amr, asf, au, avi, dvd, flac, flv, mka, mkv, mmf, mov, mp3, mp4, mpg, ogg, ogv, psp, rm, spx, vob, wav, webm, wma, wmv
- And any other format supported by ffmpeg/avconv
- bmp, cgm, dpx, emf, eps, fpx, gif, jbig, jng, jpeg, mrsid, p7, pdf, picon, png, ppm, psd, rad, tga, tif, webp, xpm
Document file formats:
- doc -> odt, pdf
- html -> odt
- odp -> pdf, ppt
- ods -> pdf
- odt -> doc, html, pdf, rtf, sxw, txt, xml
- ppt -> odp
- rtf -> odt
- sdw -> odt
- sxw -> odt
- txt -> odt
- xls -> ods
- xml -> doc, odt, pdf
Converting files with FF Multi Converter is lot easier. Just the select the files using Add button, set the output format in the Convert to drop-down box, select the desired presets using Preset tab and set the output location to save the converted files.
Let us convert a sample mp4 type video file to mkv type. I want to converted file in the source file location, so that here I select the check-box says “Save each file in the same folder as input file”. Once you setup all the required settings, click on Convert to start converting files.
For converting image files, you can set the output dimensions. ie. Image size. For instance, if you want to convert a file which has the size 1280 x 700 to 500 x 300, then this can be also done with FF Multi Converter. For document files, you can easily convert files in 20+ different output formats without much effort.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .