How To Execute bin Files In Linux
Hi linux geeks,
In this short tutorial I will teach you how to install .bin files in your Linux machine. Not scary terminal commands, I promise! But I will also show how to do it from the terminal.
What is a .bin file?
A .bin file is a self extracting binary file for Linux and Unix-like operating systems. Before executing a .bin file you need to give it executive permissions. This can be done from the terminal or from the gui. If you like to practise terminal commands then open a new terminal and run the following command to give the file execute permissions.
chmod +x filename.bin
The execute it with the following command.
Make sure you are a superuser when typing the above commands.
How to do the same thing from the gui? Go to the folder where you have the .bin file and right click on it with your mouse, then go to properties like shown in the picture below.
Go to Permissions and tick Allow executing file as a program.
Double click the file and it will be executed. It is done.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .