Encrypt Your Files And Folders With Cryptkeeper And Encfs
What is Cryptkeeper?
Cryptkeeper is an encrypted folders manager, it allows users to mount and unmount encfs folders, to change the password and to create new crypted folders. It integrates with your preferred file manager.
What is Encfs?
EncFS is used to create or mount a virtual encrypted filesystem which stores encrypted data in the rootdir directory and makes the unencrypted data visible at the mount Point directory. The user must supply a password which is used to (indirectly) encrypt both filenames and file contents.
Install Cryptkeeper and Encfs On Ubuntu/Linux Mint
You can install them with command:
$ sudo apt-get install cryptkeeper encfs
After you installed cryptkeeper, open it up either from your Dash or Menu. The Cryptkeepr icon will be automatically placed in your Top menu or Task bar.
Click on the Cryptkeeper icon found in the top menu or task bar. Click on New Encrypted Folder.
Unmount Encrypted Folder
After saving all your secret files, just unmount the folder with command:
$ sudo fusermount -u /home/sk/unixmen/secret
Now the files and folders that you saved in the encrypted folder are not visible anymore.
Mount Encrypted Folder
Click on the Cryptkeeper icon in the task bar and select the encrypted folder.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...3 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7 : OpenLDAP is a free open source Light Weight Directory Access protocol developed by the OpenLDAP proj...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .