DockBarX 0.46 has been released! PPA Ubuntu
DockBarX 0.46 has been released, the main features in this release is, progress bars, badges/counters and quicklists. Unity progress bars and counters are added. Dockmanager progress bars are added and the badges has gotten a facelift.
More Features of DockbarX 0.46:
– The mouse cursor is changed to the wait cursor when a program is launched from dockbarx.
– The dock can be set to dodge windows or to dodge the active window. See the behavior option in dock tab of preference.
– The dock tab of preference are now shown only if the dock is running when the preference window is opened. Hopefully this will reduce confusion for people who hasn’t used the preference window of DockbarX before.
– DockbarX AWN applet can make AWN dodge windows or dodge the active window since avoid windows and intellihide of AWN only works when the taskbar is used. This can be set from the new AWN tab in Dockbarx preference.
– When AWN is set to autohide, the autohide is inhibited while a DockbarX window list is howered.
– The new AWN tab in preference is only shown if the DockbarX awn applet is running when when preference window is opened. Hopefully this will reduce confusion for people who hasn’t used the preference window of DockbarX before.
– In agreement with the creator Izobalax, the license for the gaia theme is changed to CC 3.0 BY-SA so that it can be included in the official debian package.
Installation of DockBarX:
Open terminal and enter the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install dockbarx dockbarx-themes-extra
To install the AWN applet, use the following command:
sudo apt-get install awn-applet-dockbarx
To run it as a stand-alone dock, press ALT + F2 and type “dockx”.
Non Ubuntu users can download DockbarX for this Link.
Thanks to Webupd8
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .