DockBarX 0.46 has been released! PPA Ubuntu
DockBarX 0.46 has been released, the main features in this release is, progress bars, badges/counters and quicklists. Unity progress bars and counters are added. Dockmanager progress bars are added and the badges has gotten a facelift.
More Features of DockbarX 0.46:
– The mouse cursor is changed to the wait cursor when a program is launched from dockbarx.
– The dock can be set to dodge windows or to dodge the active window. See the behavior option in dock tab of preference.
– The dock tab of preference are now shown only if the dock is running when the preference window is opened. Hopefully this will reduce confusion for people who hasn’t used the preference window of DockbarX before.
– DockbarX AWN applet can make AWN dodge windows or dodge the active window since avoid windows and intellihide of AWN only works when the taskbar is used. This can be set from the new AWN tab in Dockbarx preference.
– When AWN is set to autohide, the autohide is inhibited while a DockbarX window list is howered.
– The new AWN tab in preference is only shown if the DockbarX awn applet is running when when preference window is opened. Hopefully this will reduce confusion for people who hasn’t used the preference window of DockbarX before.
– In agreement with the creator Izobalax, the license for the gaia theme is changed to CC 3.0 BY-SA so that it can be included in the official debian package.
Installation of DockBarX:
Open terminal and enter the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install dockbarx dockbarx-themes-extra
To install the AWN applet, use the following command:
sudo apt-get install awn-applet-dockbarx
To run it as a stand-alone dock, press ALT + F2 and type “dockx”.
Non Ubuntu users can download DockbarX for this Link.
Thanks to Webupd8
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7 : OpenLDAP is a free open source Light Weight Directory Access protocol developed by the OpenLDAP proj...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...2 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .