Conky_7 and Conky_8- Just Another 2 Stunning themes for Conky
In my previous posts, we saw together many nice themes for conky (Conky Lua, Conky_2, conky_5 and more). Recently was released 2 new conky themes: Conky_7 and Conky_8, two different and very nice themes.
In this posts we will see how to install these 2 themes (conky_7 and Conky_8) themes in Linux, i tested this on Ubuntu (Precise Pangolin) and LinuxMint, but will work also for Fedora, Opensuse, ArchLinux and other Linux distos.
So lets see.
1- Download the theme you want:
- For Conky_7
Download Conky_7 Theme
- For Conky_8
Download Conky_8 Theme
2- Extract the downloaded file and press Ctrl+H to unhide the folders, then copy the .conky folder to your /home/username directory, in my case i copied the file to
3- Now there are 3 themes variants for conky_7 and conky_8 : a, b, and c
You can run the theme you want using the command(Change X with 7 or 8):
conky -c ~/.conky/conkyrc_xa Or conky -c ~/.conky/conkyrc_xb Or conky -c ~/.conky/conkyrc_xc
Conky_7 (a) Conky_8 (a)
4- To start Conky_7 or 8 theme with system startup, you need to add Conky_xy (Change x with 7 or 8, and Y with a, b or c) to Ubuntu startup application.
- a- go Menu–> Startup Applications
- b- and add in the command Box this line:
change x with theme number: 7 or 8, and Y with theme variation : a, b or c, then click save
sh -c "sleep 30s; conky -c ~/.conky/conkyrc_xy"
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .