Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Conky_7 and Conky_8- Just Another 2 Stunning themes for Conky
In my previous posts, we saw together many nice themes for conky (Conky Lua, Conky_2, conky_5 and more). Recently was released 2 new conky themes: Conky_7 and Conky_8, two different and very nice themes.
In this posts we will see how to install these 2 themes (conky_7 and Conky_8) themes in Linux, i tested this on Ubuntu (Precise Pangolin) and LinuxMint, but will work also for Fedora, Opensuse, ArchLinux and other Linux distos.
So lets see.
1- Download the theme you want:
- For Conky_7
Download Conky_7 Theme
- For Conky_8
Download Conky_8 Theme
2- Extract the downloaded file and press Ctrl+H to unhide the folders, then copy the .conky folder to your /home/username directory, in my case i copied the file to
3- Now there are 3 themes variants for conky_7 and conky_8 : a, b, and c
You can run the theme you want using the command(Change X with 7 or 8):
conky -c ~/.conky/conkyrc_xa Or conky -c ~/.conky/conkyrc_xb Or conky -c ~/.conky/conkyrc_xc
Conky_7 (a) Conky_8 (a)
4- To start Conky_7 or 8 theme with system startup, you need to add Conky_xy (Change x with 7 or 8, and Y with a, b or c) to Ubuntu startup application.
- a- go Menu–> Startup Applications
- b- and add in the command Box this line:
change x with theme number: 7 or 8, and Y with theme variation : a, b or c, then click save
sh -c "sleep 30s; conky -c ~/.conky/conkyrc_xy"
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .