Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
How can i configure Debian Squeeze to work behind a proxy?| FAQs
Question : How can i configure Debian Squeeze to work behind a proxy?
1- Add network proxy from System>Preferences>Network Proxy
For Browsers like Epiphany, itis working with the above configuration. If you are using iceweasel browser , you have to add manual proxy by editing: Edit>Preferences>Network>Settings
2-Synaptic package manager
Open Synaptic –> Settings–>preferences–>Network and enter your proxy and port.
After Close and reload. Find new packages download and install.
3- Command Line (wget /aptitute/apt-get)
To configure debian to work behind a proxy using command line, you need to edit apt.conf file:
Then at the end of the file add the following line:
if you are using proxy with a password the config file will be (Don`t forget to chnage user:pass with you artual proxy usermane and password)
Save and exit
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...1 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .