Cinnamon 1.3.1 has been released- Maintenance release
Cinnamon 1.3.1 has been released, this is a maintenance release that comes to fix some issues from the previous release.
Here are the issues and improvements featured in Cinnamon 1.3.1:
Easier applet drag n’ drop:
- Panel zones now cover the entire panel: In Cinnamon 1.3 they only used the space they needed, leaving empty zones in the panel which didn’t react to drag n’ drop.
- Panel zones are now highlighted on drag-over: In Cinnamon 1.3, you couldn’t see where the zones were, so dragging an applet was precarious as you couldn’t tell whether you were dropping it in the right or center zone (for instance). Since version 1.3.1, they now appear in color. This works with the default theme, and this post contains instructions for artists to update their theme to add this feature.
- New “restore to default” button in the applet section
- Text scaling factor now uses a spin button instead of a scale widget
- Slightly improved layout
Default theme improvements:
- Slightly better looking panel launchers
- Smoother notifications
- Fixed battery/power applet
- Many unnecessary warnings were removed from the logs
- Typos were corrected in the systray applet
- A bug was fixed which made some icons to appear too big in the system tray
More about this release can be found in the official announcement.
To install Cinnamon on ubuntu / Debian/ LinuxMint/ Fedora and opensuse, please follow the instructions in our previous post.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .