Cinnamon 1.3.1 has been released- Maintenance release
Cinnamon 1.3.1 has been released, this is a maintenance release that comes to fix some issues from the previous release.
Here are the issues and improvements featured in Cinnamon 1.3.1:
Easier applet drag n’ drop:
- Panel zones now cover the entire panel: In Cinnamon 1.3 they only used the space they needed, leaving empty zones in the panel which didn’t react to drag n’ drop.
- Panel zones are now highlighted on drag-over: In Cinnamon 1.3, you couldn’t see where the zones were, so dragging an applet was precarious as you couldn’t tell whether you were dropping it in the right or center zone (for instance). Since version 1.3.1, they now appear in color. This works with the default theme, and this post contains instructions for artists to update their theme to add this feature.
- New “restore to default” button in the applet section
- Text scaling factor now uses a spin button instead of a scale widget
- Slightly improved layout
Default theme improvements:
- Slightly better looking panel launchers
- Smoother notifications
- Fixed battery/power applet
- Many unnecessary warnings were removed from the logs
- Typos were corrected in the systray applet
- A bug was fixed which made some icons to appear too big in the system tray
More about this release can be found in the official announcement.
To install Cinnamon on ubuntu / Debian/ LinuxMint/ Fedora and opensuse, please follow the instructions in our previous post.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .