Cinnamon 1.3.1 has been released- Maintenance release
Here are the issues and improvements featured in Cinnamon 1.3.1:
Easier applet drag n’ drop:
- Panel zones now cover the entire panel: In Cinnamon 1.3 they only used the space they needed, leaving empty zones in the panel which didn’t react to drag n’ drop.
- Panel zones are now highlighted on drag-over: In Cinnamon 1.3, you couldn’t see where the zones were, so dragging an applet was precarious as you couldn’t tell whether you were dropping it in the right or center zone (for instance). Since version 1.3.1, they now appear in color. This works with the default theme, and this post contains instructions for artists to update their theme to add this feature.
- New “restore to default” button in the applet section
- Text scaling factor now uses a spin button instead of a scale widget
- Slightly improved layout
Default theme improvements:
- Slightly better looking panel launchers
- Smoother notifications
- Fixed battery/power applet
- Many unnecessary warnings were removed from the logs
- Typos were corrected in the systray applet
- A bug was fixed which made some icons to appear too big in the system tray
More about this release can be found in the official announcement.
To install Cinnamon on ubuntu / Debian/ LinuxMint/ Fedora and opensuse, please follow the instructions in our previous post.