Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Cinnamon 1.3.1 has been released- Maintenance release
Cinnamon 1.3.1 has been released, this is a maintenance release that comes to fix some issues from the previous release.
Here are the issues and improvements featured in Cinnamon 1.3.1:
Easier applet drag n’ drop:
- Panel zones now cover the entire panel: In Cinnamon 1.3 they only used the space they needed, leaving empty zones in the panel which didn’t react to drag n’ drop.
- Panel zones are now highlighted on drag-over: In Cinnamon 1.3, you couldn’t see where the zones were, so dragging an applet was precarious as you couldn’t tell whether you were dropping it in the right or center zone (for instance). Since version 1.3.1, they now appear in color. This works with the default theme, and this post contains instructions for artists to update their theme to add this feature.
- New “restore to default” button in the applet section
- Text scaling factor now uses a spin button instead of a scale widget
- Slightly improved layout
Default theme improvements:
- Slightly better looking panel launchers
- Smoother notifications
- Fixed battery/power applet
- Many unnecessary warnings were removed from the logs
- Typos were corrected in the systray applet
- A bug was fixed which made some icons to appear too big in the system tray
More about this release can be found in the official announcement.
To install Cinnamon on ubuntu / Debian/ LinuxMint/ Fedora and opensuse, please follow the instructions in our previous post.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...1 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .