Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Chrome outshines Firefox, worldwide, last November!
Just as we predicted (even with our not-so-precise mathematical procedure)
‘Google Chrome will beat Mozilla Firefox after October 2011’;Google Chrome has, finally, surpassed Mozilla Firefox Globally for the time period November 2009 – November 2011 on a monthly basis.
According to StatCounter Global Stats, Google Chrome now claims 25.69% of the worldwide-browser-market in contrast to Firefox which sits at 25.23%. It will be interesting to note that Google Chrome merely had a meager share of 4.66% back in November 2009 and since then its share had been up and increasing. Internet Explorer is by far the strongest browser with 40.63% market share, globally. The report reveals that Chrome is the famous browser of Europe when it comes to Chrome vs. Firefox; where Chrome claims 24.82% overtaking Firefox whose market share is 20.56%. Nonetheless, the trend is differing in US where Firefox assumes the second place after Internet explorer market share. Firefox retains second place on 20.09% (declined from 26.75% usage previously) while Chrome secures the 3rd place with the share 17.3% from 10.89%.
The CEO of StatCounter, Aodhan Cullen exclaims about the authenticity of their statics “Our stats measure actual browser usage, not downloads, so while Chrome has been highly effective in ensuring downloads our stats show that people are actually using it to access the web also.“
Well, irrespective of which browser is grabbing more market share it is evident that the broser race is heating up and Firefox needs to re-gain market share by captivating its lost users primarily in enterprise sphere.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...1 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB : "I am having problems in connecting the Galaxy Tab to Ubuntu via USB cable."; This is a common quest...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .