Chrome outshines Firefox, worldwide, last November!
Just as we predicted (even with our not-so-precise mathematical procedure)
‘Google Chrome will beat Mozilla Firefox after October 2011’;Google Chrome has, finally, surpassed Mozilla Firefox Globally for the time period November 2009 – November 2011 on a monthly basis.
According to StatCounter Global Stats, Google Chrome now claims 25.69% of the worldwide-browser-market in contrast to Firefox which sits at 25.23%. It will be interesting to note that Google Chrome merely had a meager share of 4.66% back in November 2009 and since then its share had been up and increasing. Internet Explorer is by far the strongest browser with 40.63% market share, globally. The report reveals that Chrome is the famous browser of Europe when it comes to Chrome vs. Firefox; where Chrome claims 24.82% overtaking Firefox whose market share is 20.56%. Nonetheless, the trend is differing in US where Firefox assumes the second place after Internet explorer market share. Firefox retains second place on 20.09% (declined from 26.75% usage previously) while Chrome secures the 3rd place with the share 17.3% from 10.89%.
The CEO of StatCounter, Aodhan Cullen exclaims about the authenticity of their statics “Our stats measure actual browser usage, not downloads, so while Chrome has been highly effective in ensuring downloads our stats show that people are actually using it to access the web also.“
Well, irrespective of which browser is grabbing more market share it is evident that the broser race is heating up and Firefox needs to re-gain market share by captivating its lost users primarily in enterprise sphere.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...1 comment |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .