ChatCrypt: Let us Chat Secure
Just like most of you, I also really hate to be monitored by third parties when i am communicating with Friends/Colleagues on Internet. Now a days, there is no assurance that our online communications are not being monitored by prying eyes. Every day someone might be watching us about what we’re talking with others, what we’re going to do next, and furthermore our company financial discussions, future growth planning discussions etc. So what are you going to do to communicate securely? Well, here comes ChatCrypt.
What is ChatCrypt?
ChatCrypt is a web chat service that offers military grade secure communication. It encrypts the messages itself using the AES-256 algorithm in CTR mode with a secret password specified by the user. You or your recipient don’t have to install any extra software. All messages remains private and secure between the participants who joined a room with the same password.
ChatCrypt is very simple to use. Head over to http://www.chatcrypt.com/ website. This site will looks like below. Enter the name for the Chat Room, username and password. Finally click Secure Chat button to login to your chat room.
Now a new window will open and you will be redirected to a plain chat room. In the right side of the chat window, you can see the list of participants. In the bottom input the messages to communicate with participants. The sent messages will be shown in the main section.
In order to let someone to chat room, give them the exact chat room name and password that you use to login with same chat room. The participant can choose their own username, but the Chat room name and password should be same for all participant who want to join in the conversation.
A live conversation between me and my friend:
The only participants that are using the same password and chat room can read each other messages. The one who don’t know the password, can’t view the messages. More precisely, ChatCrypt holds the encrypted messages only temporarily i.e 10 seconds, so there is no real chance to retrieve even the ciphered texts.
Additionally, ChatCrypt also offers embed ChatCrypt option on websites using an HTML embed code. Copy and paste the following code on your website and get Secure Chat option.
Embed code:<iframe src=”http://www.chatcrypt.com/iframe.php” width=”468″ height=”60″ frameborder=”0″></iframe>
The chat option will look like below in your websites.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .