Cerb6: Web-based Collaboration And Automation Platform
Cerb is a fast and flexible web-based business collaboration and automation platform. Using Cerb, you can remember anything about anyone, collaborate from anywhere, deftly reply to a flood of email, automate, stay informed, capture feedback, track time, flag opportunities, manage tasks, share expert knowledge, and otherwise execute efficiently. To know more features about Cerb visit here.
In this tutorial let us setup Cerb 6 On Debian 7. My test box host name and IP address is server.unixmen.com and 192.168.1.200/24. This setup is same for all Debian/Ubuntu derivatives. Just change the values where appropriate.
To install Cerb6 you need the following:
1. LAMP Server
2. Install Additional PHP Extensions
To install the above extensions, enter the following command in Terminal.
# apt-get install php5-gd php5-imap php-pear php5-dev make php5-mcrypt
Now install mailparse extension using command:
# pecl install mailparse
Then create a file mailparse.ini,
# nano /etc/php5/conf.d/mailparse.ini
and add the line ‘extension=mailparse.so’.
Open up the ‘php.ini’ file and make sure it has the following settings.
file_uploads = On [...] sql.safe_mode = Off [...] memory_limit = 32M [...] upload_tmp_dir = /tmp
Save and quit the file.
3. Enable Apache mod_rewrite.
# a2enmod rewrite
Restart apache2 service to take effect the changes.
# service apache2 restart
4. Database Configuration
Login to mysql using command:
# mysql -u root -p
Create a database and database user for Cerb6. Here i am going to create a database called ‘cerbdb’ and user ‘cerbuser’ with password ‘debian’.
mysql> create database cerbdb; Query OK, 1 row affected (0.04 sec) mysql> GRANT ALL ON cerbdb.* TO cerbuser@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'debian'; Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.10 sec) mysql> flush privileges; Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.02 sec) mysql> exit Bye
Download the latest version from here. Or enter the following command in Terminal to download it.
# wget https://github.com/wgm/cerb6/archive/v6.5.1.zip
Extract it using command:
# unzip v6.5.1.zip
Copy the cerb folder to apache root document.
# cp -R cerb6-6.5.1/ /var/www/cerb
Set write permissions and Ownership to the following folders.
# chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/cerb/. # chmod -R u+w /var/www/cerb/framework.config.php # chmod -R u+w /var/www/cerb/storage/
Open your browser and navigate to http://domain-name/cerb/install or http://ip-address/cerb/install. If everything setup properly, you should see the following screen. Click Next to continue.
# rm -fr /var/www/cerb/install/
After clicking on the Take me there link, you probably will see a screen that saying: “The application is currently waiting for an administrator to finish upgrading. Please wait a few minutes and then try again.”
# nano /var/www/cerb/framework.config.php
Find the line,
Add your Cerb server IP address as shown below.
Save and exit the file. Restart apache2 service to save the changes.
# service apache2 restart
Now click on Finish the Upgrade button to login to Cerb administrative console.
Enter the Administrative Email and click Continue.
Now you’re in business. Before proceeding further, I recommend you to read the Getting Started Guide to learn more about Cerb6.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .