Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Browser war heats up again as Chrome unseats IE for May 2012
Independent web analytics firm,StatCounter, confirms that Google web browser Chrome has finally unseated Microsofts Internet Explorer and acquired the status of most popular browser for the complete month of May 2012. Now Google Chrome is worlds top Internet browser. Congratulations to Google and millions of fans of Chrome ( myself among them)!
Friday, 1st June, Stat Counter reported that keen speculations during the month of May 2012, reveal that Google’ Internet browser Chrome has finally surpassed the usage share of IE the default browser in Microsoft desktop OS for the complete month of May. Earlier in March, Chrome surpassed the usage share of IE for a full day and later achieved the weekly milestone on 21st May, emerging as the top browser for a week. Now, Google Chrome has defeated IE on monthly basis for the complete month May; that is, indeed a remarkable achievement.
The research firm reports that over 15 million pages have been viewed in the month of May worldwide from which 32.43% pages were viewed via Chrome browser while 32.12% from IE. Firefox lags behind with a mere 25.55%. However, interestingly, IE remains dominant both in US and UK.
Aodhan Cullen, CEO, StatCounter commented on this milestone : “While attention has recently been focused on the battle between Chrome and IE, not-for-profit Mozilla’s Firefox with its loyal membership base should not be underestimated,” He further noted that an upswing of over 0.6% in Firefox usage from April to May 2012 (apparently at the expense of IE) helped to push Chrome into pole position. “The browser wars are back with a vengeance,” he added. “This time there are three major players competing for the top spot but, ultimately, the real winner will be the end user who can look forward to more choice and innovation as a result of this increased competition.”
The browser war previously fought between Chrome and Firefox has now advanced to Chrome vs. IE. Chrome being the Champ in both the frontiers! Undoubtably it is remarkable how the browser has climbed the market share in just a matter of few years, thanks to its speed, sleek interface and millions of add ons and games in the webstore!
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .