BirdFont: An Open Source, Free Graphical Font Creator And Editor
BirdFont is a free, Open Source font editor written by Johan Mattsson using Vala programming language. It lets you create vector graphics and export TTF, EOT & SVG fonts. It is available for Windows, Linux, Mac and OpenBSD platforms.
Install BirdFont On Ubuntu 13.10/13.04, Linux Mint 16/15
BirdFont team has a PPA in launchpad to make the installation lot easier. All you have to do is add this PPA in your system using command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dhor/myway
Update the sources list.
sudo apt-get update
Then install BirdFont using the following command:
sudo apt-get install birdfont
Open it either form Dash or Menu.
Though the interface of BirdFont looks bit confusing at first sight, you can easily learn it using the Official Tutorials page. Also Johan Mattsson have made and published a Screencast in Youtube on how to create font using BirdFont. Please view the following video tutorial to getting started with BirdFont
It’s ideal for creating basic fonts with solid colors either from scratch or from background images. Download it for free and give it a try! Enjoy!!
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released! : TeamViewer is a commercial all-in-one software that can be used for remote control, desktop sharing,...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .