Awoken icon set is one of the most popular icons set for Gnome , success is mostly due to the elegance and great achievement and even the ability to customize them. A new version of Awoken has been released today, this new version added new icons, new icon editor, a PPA for ubuntu, Natty support and more.
What`s bew in this version?
- Great change in customization script: now, for those who has zenity installed, it’s possible to configure the iconset through a very comfortable GUI!!!
- Replaced grain folder icons by Untergunter with the best of the best: leaf folder icons by Untergunter (4 different choices!!)
- Updated README pdf file to meet new changes in customization script, and added a new chapter to include a list of those applications that don’t want to change their icon
- Added natty ppa
- Revamped support for karmic deb packages (it will be the latest version with ppa support for karmic)
- Better natty support: gnome-workspace, kjobviewer, preferences-system-time, battery-good-charging, logviewer
- Applications added (or redrawed): workspace-switcher, google chrome, firefox-trunk, ubuntuone, alltray, auteur, foobnix, kid3, pcmanfm-mod, sabnzbd, kdevelop, start-here-zenwalk (3 versions), distcc monitor, haguichi, orage (and prefs.), xfce4-clock, xfce-schedule, alarm-clock, bashare, bluedun, foxit reader, tor, openvpn, logjam, openbox, arora, djvulibre, darktable, fotowall, fotoxx, furiusisomount, gcdmaster, freespeak, handbrake, midori, pdfedit, lmms, gufw, minitunes, minitube, viewnior, vacuum-im, qutim, qjackctl, meld, grub-customizer, gstm, gx head, postr, pdfmod, rakarrak, guitarix, tuxguitar, hydrogen drum machine, sk1, q4wine, tuxcommander, eiskaltdcpp, giver, fontmatrix, icecat, bzr, bonobo.
Installation in Ubuntu:
To install awoken 2.0 icon set on Ubuntu, enter terminal and type the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:alecive/antigone
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install awoken-icon-theme
If you want to customize the installed icons, you can do that by typing this in a terminal:
For other Linux Distribution:
- Download the archive from this page
- Extract the archive, enter in the directory called AwOken 1.9, and extract also those two archives.
- Move the folders called AwOken and AwOkenDark in your .icons folder
- Type in a terminal window:
- cd .icons
- sudo cp AwOken/awoken-icon-theme-customization /usr/bin
- sudo cp AwOken/awoken-icon-theme-customization-clear /usr/bin
- sudo cp AwOken/awoken-icon-theme-customization-dark /usr/bin