Apache OpenOffice 3.4 released!
After having to fight with strange corporate tides, controversial management strategies and finally the danger of completely dying, OpenOffice was “donated” to the Apache Software Foundation almost one year ago. Today we had the announcement of the first release of OpenOffice under the governance of the Apache Software Foundation.
“With the donation of OpenOffice.org to the ASF, the Foundation, and especially the podling project, was given a daunting task: re-energize a community and transform OpenOffice from a codebase of unknown Intellectual Property heritage, to a vetted and Apache Licensed software suite,” said Jim Jagielski, ASF President and an Apache OpenOffice project mentor. “The release of Apache OpenOffice 3.4 shows just how successful the project has been: pulling in developers from over 21 corporate affiliations, while avoiding undue influence which is the death-knell of true open source communities; building a solid and stable codebase, with significant improvement and enhancements over other variants; and, of course, creating a healthy, vibrant and diverse user and developer community.”
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Is Ubuntu Going To Replace Windows XP In South Korea? : As we all know the Windows XP apocalypse is approaching gradually and Windows XP is still one of Mic...1 comment |
- Check System Information With Hardinfo : HardInfo can gather information about your system's hardware and operating system, perform benchmark...0 comments |
- Pandora FMS – An Universal Monitoring System For Your Organization : What is Pandora FMS? Pandora FMS is an open source Flexible Monitoring System developed by Artica, ...1 comment |
- Fedora 20 “Heisenbug” Officially Released! : Yeah! finally Fedora 20 “Heisenbug” final release is now available for downloads. Fedora 20 whose f...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Check System Information With Hardinfo
- Pandora FMS – An Universal Monitoring System For Your Organization
- How To Fix “google-chrome-stable depends on libxss1″ error
- Is Ubuntu Going To Replace Windows XP In South Korea?
- Fedora 20 “Heisenbug” Officially Released!
- How To Download Videos From Youtube With ClipGrab
- Fix “W: ubuntu_dists_saucy_main_binary-amd64_Packages”
- How To Fix “E: Unable to locate Ubuntu-restricted-extras”
- How To Install KeePassx 2.0 Alpha 4 In Ubuntu
- Add Package Management Tool On FreeBSD 10
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .