And then you find just the right thing – Qtractor
Qtractor is a free and open-source Audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application that targets at the GNU/Linux platform, as it uses JACK and ALSA as main infrastructures.
Qtractor is developed on pure Qt4 C++ application framework that eliminates the need for any Qt3 or KDE dependencies. It features non-destructive, non-linear editing and supports many audio formats including MP3, OGG, WAV, FLAC and AIFF. MIDI files are also supported of course.
Qtractor offers built in useful editing tools like mixers and monitor controls, metronomes, loopers, configurators and a vast number of plug-ins. One of the usability highlights though is the configurable keyboard shortcuts.
Version 0.5.5 was released a few days ago bringing the following exciting additions:
- - LV2 Atom/MIDI support
- - LV2 Worker/Schedule support
- - LV2 Presets support
- - LV2 Time/position support
- - LV2 Programs/instrument support
- - MIDI plugin event timing on tempo changes
- - Loop-recording/takes audio sync
- - Quick start guide and user manual
- - Russian and Italian translations
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10 : Introduction Fail2Ban is an intrusion prevention framework written in the Python programming l...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful : Running a business can be very stressful. You have to think about team collaboration, making sure th...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- install Git in Ubuntu : Git is a distributed revision control system with an emphasis on speed. Git was initially designed a...0 comments |
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5 : I will show you in this tutorial how to install your first cluster Corosync and the Linux Cluster Ma...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .