Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
All Platform, All Device Terminal for System Administrators
There’s a general perception that Server System Administrators are short, overweight lonely men with overgrown beards who work in dark dungeon like basements, maintaining the worlds servers and keeping the internet running. Where this perception comes from, I’m not quite sure. Hollywood perhaps! Truth is, they’re just regular people like you and me. They may work in very different environments to most of us, but it’s all about to change. And this is thanks to a company called Cybele Software Incorporated.
We no longer live in an era of solely servers, desktop and the occasional laptop. There’s a lot more devices available at our disposal including netbooks, tablets and smart phones, all capable of acceptable internet access from almost anywhere. z/Scope has made the job of server System Administrators a lot more convenient. It can still be an intense and demanding job with many serious responsibilities, but if accessibility the worlds critical servers are within reach of the safe hands of our System Administrators wherever they are, then that has to be a good thing.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...2 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
- “Brand New” Unixmen Forum is Now Live!
- How To: Disable or Enable Guest Account in Ubuntu 13.04
- Setup Your Own YouTube Like Website Using ClipBucket
- Retroshare: A Next Generation Secure Communication and File Sharing Platform
- How to Block Ads on Your Web Browsers Using Privoxy
- Basic mplayer Usage from Command-Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .