Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
After a fresh install of Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat, configuration made easy with Ubuntu-Tweak | Newbies
If you want to configure Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick meerkat please check also our post:
Ubuntu Tweak is an application to config Ubuntu easier for everyone. It provides many useful desktop and system options that the default desktop environment doesn’t provide.
Using Ubuntu Tweak you can install all needed applications and games with a simple click, you can also change the window buttons from Left to right, backup your system and more useful features.
- Install Ubuntu Tweak in Ubuntu via repository:
Open terminal and enter the following command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tualatrix/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-tweak
- To install applications and games, go to Application center, select all the applications you want to install and press Sync:
- Changing the login screen and logo made easy with ubuntu Tweak, just go to login settings and change your preferences, if you want for example to use another logo you need an icon of dimensions 64×64 :
- Add icons to your desktop: Go to Desktop icon settings and select the icons you want to add to your desktop.
- Backup and recovery your Desktop :This One if the the newest features of Ubuntu-Tweak, if you want to back up and recovery your desktop you need to go to Backup Recovery.
- Change the windows titlebar button layout from the left to the right:
- Compiz : Compiz setting will allow you to configure effects on your screen and also to install Compiz setting manager, read our post for more information about compiz.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...2 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
- “Brand New” Unixmen Forum is Now Live!
- How To: Disable or Enable Guest Account in Ubuntu 13.04
- Setup Your Own YouTube Like Website Using ClipBucket
- Retroshare: A Next Generation Secure Communication and File Sharing Platform
- How to Block Ads on Your Web Browsers Using Privoxy
- Basic mplayer Usage from Command-Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .