After a fresh install of Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat, configuration made easy with Ubuntu-Tweak | Newbies
If you want to configure Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick meerkat please check also our post:
Ubuntu Tweak is an application to config Ubuntu easier for everyone. It provides many useful desktop and system options that the default desktop environment doesn’t provide.
Using Ubuntu Tweak you can install all needed applications and games with a simple click, you can also change the window buttons from Left to right, backup your system and more useful features.
- Install Ubuntu Tweak in Ubuntu via repository:
Open terminal and enter the following command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tualatrix/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-tweak
- To install applications and games, go to Application center, select all the applications you want to install and press Sync:
- Changing the login screen and logo made easy with ubuntu Tweak, just go to login settings and change your preferences, if you want for example to use another logo you need an icon of dimensions 64×64 :
- Add icons to your desktop: Go to Desktop icon settings and select the icons you want to add to your desktop.
- Backup and recovery your Desktop :This One if the the newest features of Ubuntu-Tweak, if you want to back up and recovery your desktop you need to go to Backup Recovery.
- Change the windows titlebar button layout from the left to the right:
- Compiz : Compiz setting will allow you to configure effects on your screen and also to install Compiz setting manager, read our post for more information about compiz.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...3 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .