Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
After a fresh install of Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat, configuration made easy with Ubuntu-Tweak | Newbies
If you want to configure Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick meerkat please check also our post:
Ubuntu Tweak is an application to config Ubuntu easier for everyone. It provides many useful desktop and system options that the default desktop environment doesn’t provide.
Using Ubuntu Tweak you can install all needed applications and games with a simple click, you can also change the window buttons from Left to right, backup your system and more useful features.
- Install Ubuntu Tweak in Ubuntu via repository:
Open terminal and enter the following command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tualatrix/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-tweak
- To install applications and games, go to Application center, select all the applications you want to install and press Sync:
- Changing the login screen and logo made easy with ubuntu Tweak, just go to login settings and change your preferences, if you want for example to use another logo you need an icon of dimensions 64×64 :
- Add icons to your desktop: Go to Desktop icon settings and select the icons you want to add to your desktop.
- Backup and recovery your Desktop :This One if the the newest features of Ubuntu-Tweak, if you want to back up and recovery your desktop you need to go to Backup Recovery.
- Change the windows titlebar button layout from the left to the right:
- Compiz : Compiz setting will allow you to configure effects on your screen and also to install Compiz setting manager, read our post for more information about compiz.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...1 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .