After a fresh install of Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat, configuration made easy with Ubuntu-Tweak | Newbies
If you want to configure Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick meerkat please check also our post:
Ubuntu Tweak is an application to config Ubuntu easier for everyone. It provides many useful desktop and system options that the default desktop environment doesn’t provide.
Using Ubuntu Tweak you can install all needed applications and games with a simple click, you can also change the window buttons from Left to right, backup your system and more useful features.
- Install Ubuntu Tweak in Ubuntu via repository:
Open terminal and enter the following command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tualatrix/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-tweak
- To install applications and games, go to Application center, select all the applications you want to install and press Sync:
- Changing the login screen and logo made easy with ubuntu Tweak, just go to login settings and change your preferences, if you want for example to use another logo you need an icon of dimensions 64×64 :
- Add icons to your desktop: Go to Desktop icon settings and select the icons you want to add to your desktop.
- Backup and recovery your Desktop :This One if the the newest features of Ubuntu-Tweak, if you want to back up and recovery your desktop you need to go to Backup Recovery.
- Change the windows titlebar button layout from the left to the right:
- Compiz : Compiz setting will allow you to configure effects on your screen and also to install Compiz setting manager, read our post for more information about compiz.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...2 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .