Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
GRUB2 Releases Version 2
GRUB (GRand Unified Boot-Loader) is a very important part of your operating system. Although, technically, it’s not actually part of the OS itself, but rather integrates itself in to file system structure.
GRUB hasn’t really seen many visual changes over the course of its development. In fact, most visual changes have come from third party developers and operating systems attempting to blend GRUB in to the general theme of the OS.
GRUB is a pretty simple concept. It dumps the boot-loader code on to the first sector of the boot hard drive and boots any operating system it has been configured to boot. Whether it be Linux, BSD or Windows. It’s a great piece of small code that performs its job well.
GRUB legacy has been developed in to what is now commonly known as GRUB2. But before GRUB actually reached version 2, OS developers were including previous iterations which were 1.9x versions.
The GRUB developers have finally completed the final pieces of code that brings that actual version number from 1.9x to 2. I would expect to see GRUB2 being updated in most distributions soon.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...4 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .