Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Useful Extensions for LibreOffice
LibreOffice is one of the popular office suite software like Open Office and is an excellent alternative to the expensive MS Office. Most of the features available in MS Office and Open Office are also available in LibreOffice, with the added features in the form of extensions. The article, “Ten Nice Extensions for LibreOfice,” describes the must have extensions for the software, while this article describes additional useful extensions for LibreOffice.
1) Copy only visible cells: This extension provides the features similar to “Select Visible Cells” in MS Excel. You can use it with subtotals or ranges with hidden rows or columns.
2) Fixed values for Calc: This extension helps the user inserting current date or current time as a fixed value in the selected cell. It creates two menu items in Calc. The date and time will be put in default format defined by the current language. To use this extension, just install it and go to Insert > Fixed Values menu to choose either date or hour.
3) Improved trend lines (CorelPolyGUI): CorelPolyGUI extension for LibreOffice helps plotting the trend lines such as linear and polynomial with forced interception option. After installation it is available in LibreOffice through Tools > Add-ons. The extension offers a number of features like negative degrees for polynoms, a large number of options for moving average and many others.
4) Search in Calc: This small extension adds the functionality of searching in Calc. The extension displays results in the form of a floating window and one can also navigate to the results. After installation it can be accessed from add-ons within the Tools menu or using the combination of Ctrl Shift F3 keys.
5) MultiSave: This is a unique extension that enables you to save the document in multiple formats simultaneously. You can save the document in OpenDocument, MS Office and/or PDF formats all at the same time.
6) Chemistry: The Chemistry extension for LibreOffice enables inserting the chemical formulae in the form of image. The user can insert the chemical formulae from SMILES, InChIKeys or the Name.
8) Template changer: Template manager is another unique extension for LibreOffice. It creates two options under File menu: Templates – Assign template (current document) and Templates – Assign template (folder)
The extension helps assigning the templates to the documents, thus making the document appear as if it was created using the template. The styles and formatting of the document is changed as per the template.
9) Instant word count: The instant word count feature, when opened, tells the user the number of words within the document or within the selection. The user can also set the target and the progress bar shows the progress.
10) Dmaths: This extension provides the toolbox of various mathematical signs that can be very useful when creating the document related to formulae.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- How to find Default Gateway in Linux
- Setup Backup server using rsnapshot on RHEL / CentOS / Ubuntu / Debian
- How to disable/change default PDF viewer in Mozilla Firefox
- Dictionaries in Python
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
- “Brand New” Unixmen Forum is Now Live!
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .