Useful Extensions for LibreOffice
LibreOffice is one of the popular office suite software like Open Office and is an excellent alternative to the expensive MS Office. Most of the features available in MS Office and Open Office are also available in LibreOffice, with the added features in the form of extensions. The article, “Ten Nice Extensions for LibreOfice,” describes the must have extensions for the software, while this article describes additional useful extensions for LibreOffice.
1) Copy only visible cells: This extension provides the features similar to “Select Visible Cells” in MS Excel. You can use it with subtotals or ranges with hidden rows or columns.
2) Fixed values for Calc: This extension helps the user inserting current date or current time as a fixed value in the selected cell. It creates two menu items in Calc. The date and time will be put in default format defined by the current language. To use this extension, just install it and go to Insert > Fixed Values menu to choose either date or hour.
3) Improved trend lines (CorelPolyGUI): CorelPolyGUI extension for LibreOffice helps plotting the trend lines such as linear and polynomial with forced interception option. After installation it is available in LibreOffice through Tools > Add-ons. The extension offers a number of features like negative degrees for polynoms, a large number of options for moving average and many others.
4) Search in Calc: This small extension adds the functionality of searching in Calc. The extension displays results in the form of a floating window and one can also navigate to the results. After installation it can be accessed from add-ons within the Tools menu or using the combination of Ctrl Shift F3 keys.
5) MultiSave: This is a unique extension that enables you to save the document in multiple formats simultaneously. You can save the document in OpenDocument, MS Office and/or PDF formats all at the same time.
6) Chemistry: The Chemistry extension for LibreOffice enables inserting the chemical formulae in the form of image. The user can insert the chemical formulae from SMILES, InChIKeys or the Name.
8) Template changer: Template manager is another unique extension for LibreOffice. It creates two options under File menu: Templates – Assign template (current document) and Templates – Assign template (folder)
The extension helps assigning the templates to the documents, thus making the document appear as if it was created using the template. The styles and formatting of the document is changed as per the template.
9) Instant word count: The instant word count feature, when opened, tells the user the number of words within the document or within the selection. The user can also set the target and the progress bar shows the progress.
10) Dmaths: This extension provides the toolbox of various mathematical signs that can be very useful when creating the document related to formulae.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker) : In our previous tutorial, we have shown you how to install corosync and pacemaker. We will show y...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04 : Satis is a simple static composer repository generator. It is used in any composer.json file as i...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .