Now Battle of Wesnoth 1.10 comes with New Campaign and Features
The Battle of wesnoth just got a lot tougher, compelling and better, as this fascinating game got its latest stable release- Battle of Wesnoth 1.10. With newer features and Campaigns will continue to fascinate Battle of Wesnoth fans.
What Battle of Wesnoth is all about
Developed by David White, the philosophy of the game is for each player to capture ‘The throne of Wesnoth’. To achieve this, you can recruit and build war-veterans, choose specialists with strengths for various terrains whom you can call to action in varying terrains, at higher game-levels, to help you regain the throne.
The compulsion with Battle of Wesnoth is that the whole game is played as a saga. You begin your journey as a young officer who begins his quest with battling orcish tribes, face the wrath of horde of warriors set up by a necromancer… and unlimited experiences as you overcome one story after the other.
The game has two hundred types of unis and growing, a total of sixteen races, about six important factions, and tells the story of several years. So why the game is fascinating and acquiring fans by the hundreds is that you can build custom units, build new maps, construct own scenarios as well as campaigns. The best part is that you can challenge eight other players and engage in unending multiplayer battles.
Google Summer of Code resulted in some awesome new features
The developers of the game have noted that the Google Summer of Code Projects from 2010 to 2011 has resulted in some great new features that better your gaming experience.
A new whiteboard will allow you to visualize your army building process- recruitment, attacks or movement. There is scope for visualization of the plans to fight with other multiplayer games. The battlefield has also become ‘beautiful’ with – new terrain types, volcanoes, new embellishments, redrawn grasslands, completely redrawn battlefields. Units such as the Saurians have received a tweak and they have become more animated. Water too has movement features that makes the entire game more fascinating and gives a greater gaming experience.
New on version 1.10 is the rebirth of old Northerners theme and the addition of two new tracks the Battle of Epic and the Silvan Sanctuary.
New loaded Campaigns
Dead Water is a new campaign, where the player becomes a young merman who becomes a contender to the throne. So, as a young valiant aspirant you will have to protect and save your people from some undead invasion.
Dead Water was also worked upon at Wesnoth-UMC-Dev Project to get it ready for Delfador’s Memoirs inclusion. Other campaigns have also received updates and other improvements. Legend of Wesmere gets a more dynamic gameplay and some great mechanics.
To install the latest release via the PPA in Ubuntu (Precise, Oneiric, Natty, Maverick, Lucid) and LinuxMint, use the following PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:vincent-c/wesnoth sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install wesnoth-1.10
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .