How to Convert RHEL 6.x to Centos 6.x
Question : How to Convert your RHEL 6.x to Centos 6.x ?
If you are using RHEL 6.x and you want to move to the free CentOS 6.x, it is always possible to do this migration.
Open terminal and enter the following commands by order:
yum clean all
- Create CentOS directory
- Cd CentOS directory
- Download the packages
centos/6.0/os/x86_64/RPM-GPG-wget http://mirror.centos.org/ KEY-CentOS-6 centos/6.0/os/x86_64/Packages/wget http://mirror.centos.org/ centos-release-6-0.el6.centos. 5.x86_64.rpm centos/6.0/os/x86_64/Packages/wget http://mirror.centos.org/ yum-3.2.27-14.el6.centos. noarch.rpm centos/6.0/os/x86_64/Packages/wget http://mirror.centos.org/ yum-utils-1.1.26-11.el6. noarch.rpm centos/6.0/os/x86_64/Packages/ yum-plugin-fastestmirror-1.1. 26-11.el6.noarch.rpm
- Now enter the following commands by order to import CentOS key, install the downloaded packages and to upgrade to CentOS 6.x
rpm –import RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-6
rpm -e –nodeps redhat-release-server
rpm -e yum-rhn-plugin rhn-check rhnsd rhn-setup rhn-setup-gnome
rpm -Uhv –force *.rpm
Now reboot and enjoy.
Please let me know if this worked for you.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .