Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
How to Convert RHEL 6.x to Centos 6.x
Question : How to Convert your RHEL 6.x to Centos 6.x ?
If you are using RHEL 6.x and you want to move to the free CentOS 6.x, it is always possible to do this migration.
Open terminal and enter the following commands by order:
yum clean all
- Create CentOS directory
- Cd CentOS directory
- Download the packages
centos/6.0/os/x86_64/RPM-GPG-wget http://mirror.centos.org/ KEY-CentOS-6 centos/6.0/os/x86_64/Packages/wget http://mirror.centos.org/ centos-release-6-0.el6.centos. 5.x86_64.rpm centos/6.0/os/x86_64/Packages/wget http://mirror.centos.org/ yum-3.2.27-14.el6.centos. noarch.rpm centos/6.0/os/x86_64/Packages/wget http://mirror.centos.org/ yum-utils-1.1.26-11.el6. noarch.rpm centos/6.0/os/x86_64/Packages/ yum-plugin-fastestmirror-1.1. 26-11.el6.noarch.rpm
- Now enter the following commands by order to import CentOS key, install the downloaded packages and to upgrade to CentOS 6.x
rpm –import RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-6
rpm -e –nodeps redhat-release-server
rpm -e yum-rhn-plugin rhn-check rhnsd rhn-setup rhn-setup-gnome
rpm -Uhv –force *.rpm
Now reboot and enjoy.
Please let me know if this worked for you.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Automatically change the Desktop wallpaper using Variety on Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- How to find Default Gateway in Linux
- Setup Backup server using rsnapshot on RHEL / CentOS / Ubuntu / Debian
- How to disable/change default PDF viewer in Mozilla Firefox
- Dictionaries in Python
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .